X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpape View Post
    Jeff,

I have changed my Location display title to a shorter version than it use to be because I was having trouble reading the device descriptions in the HSTouch designer (they were to long). How do I get the actual plugin devices updated to reflect the shorter name? Will the plugin do it or is it something I need to do manually?

Judd
    If used to do this, but I decided some people may not want me changing the names of their devices, so I turned it off. The code is still there so how about this? I will add a button next to the Display Title on the Locations Page. If you click the button It will trigger to update the Device Name. Ex. Temperature Device is Called "Follow Jeff's Phone Temperature". You change the Display Title and then click the Update button and it will trigger the Name. Ex. You change "Follow Jeffs PHone" to "Jeffs Phone". Click the button and the devices update. Ex. "Jeffs Phone Temperature"
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      Screenshot
      Thank you. That was very helpful. Here is the deal. The daily forecast for DarkSky does not have a day and night forecast. From the image, you are using the Day 0-N forecast instead of the individual days. To fix this, edit the speak setup and leave the Tonight and Tomorrow Night textarea blank. Once I get a stable release to put out for everyone to use, I will start looking for ways to fill in the missing things that WU used to provide.

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
        I think I know the problem - it's on DS's end. To troubleshoot, I entered a different lat/lon, Orlando which is 1000 miles away from me. The error is not there. So it's something about my lat/lon, although I don't know how far out from my lat/lon I would need to go to have DS provide the correct daytime data. I will play around with the numbers but will probably end up contacting DS to look into it.
        It would make sense (at least to me, lol) if the Day 0 did start moving up to the current hour as the day went by. The Day 1-7 should not (imo).
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

If used to do this, but I decided some people may not want me changing the names of their devices, so I turned it off. The code is still there so how about this? I will add a button next to the Display Title on the Locations Page. If you click the button It will trigger to update the Device Name. Ex. Temperature Device is Called "Follow Jeff's Phone Temperature". You change the Display Title and then click the Update button and it will trigger the Name. Ex. You change "Follow Jeffs PHone" to "Jeffs Phone". Click the button and the devices update. Ex. "Jeffs Phone Temperature"
          Jeff, your approach to the renaming would be useful.

I also noticed that the Units rounding feature for the Temperature devices does not seem to be working. I have mine set to zero decimals and the temperature still gets displayed as xx.xx.

Sorry one last item, can you have the forecast status be capitalized. As an example, it currently shows as "partly cloudy day". Can you make it "Partly Coudy Day"?

Judd

Comment

CFGuy

I'm getting this error in the logs. I completely removed the plugin and then searched the directory structure and removed all weatherXML related directories and files. I did a fresh install from the production files. Then copied the files from the zip for DarkSky.

When I enabled the plugin and went to setup DarkSky it would not complete. I could select DarkSky and input my API key. however, I could not go further. If I exited and went back in DarkSky was retained but the API key was not.

I had to first setup NOAA, download XML, then change it to DarkSky for it to retain the DarkSky settings.

I will email you the weatherXML log file and DSForecast1.json file that is throwing this error.
            Mar-12 10:14:06 AM weatherXML Error ConvertValues Speed: Method 'System.String[].Set' not found.
            Mar-12 10:14:06 AM weatherXML Error ConvertValues Temp
            Thanks for all your work on this!

Drew
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              It would make sense (at least to me, lol) if the Day 0 did start moving up to the current hour as the day went by. The Day 1-7 should not (imo).
              Looks like it's working now (i.e., day time forecast/icon instead of night stuff for Day 0) and I didn't do anything... must have been a fluke, but I'll let you know if anything changes.

I also noticed that the Units rounding feature for the Temperature devices does not seem to be working. I have mine set to zero decimals and the temperature still gets displayed as xx.xx.
              Sorry one last item, can you have the forecast status be capitalized. As an example, it currently shows as "partly cloudy day". Can you make it "Partly Coudy Day"?
              Use the 'Value' radio button instead of 'Status Text' in HSTouch Designer and the integer value will be displayed without decimals.
              WYSIWYG wrt to Dark Sky's data. Jeff would need to create some function that parses the data and spit outs a capitalized, grammatically correct version.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

Looks like it's working now (i.e., day time forecast/icon instead of night stuff for Day 0) and I didn't do anything... must have been a fluke, but I'll let you know if anything changes.

Use the 'Value' radio button instead of 'Status Text' in HSTouch Designer and the integer value will be displayed without decimals.
                WYSIWYG wrt to Dark Sky's data. Jeff would need to create some function that parses the data and spit outs a capitalized, grammatically correct version.
                I have switched to the "value" data for now but then I loose the "F" designation. I would like to use the data as it is presented here for my screens, minus the .xx.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.29.49 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1291909

Comment

Go into the 'Devices' section of the PI and you'll see "append" and "prepend" boxes. Put "#sp#F" (without the quotes) in the append box next to your temperature devices. Since I don't share my humble abode with anyone outside of the U.S., I just don't indicate Fahrenheit on any of my values.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                    CFGuy

I'm getting this error in the logs. I completely removed the plugin and then searched the directory structure and removed all weatherXML related directories and files. I did a fresh install from the production files. Then copied the files from the zip for DarkSky.

When I enabled the plugin and went to setup DarkSky it would not complete. I could select DarkSky and input my API key. however, I could not go further. If I exited and went back in DarkSky was retained but the API key was not.

I had to first setup NOAA, download XML, then change it to DarkSky for it to retain the DarkSky settings.

I will email you the weatherXML log file and DSForecast1.json file that is throwing this error.
                    Mar-12 10:14:06 AM weatherXML Error ConvertValues Speed: Method 'System.String[].Set' not found.
                    Mar-12 10:14:06 AM weatherXML Error ConvertValues Temp
                    Thanks for all your work on this!

Drew
                    It has been so long since I added a new provider, I must have missed modifying one of the steps.
                    As for the errors, I have had reports of a similar error in other parts of the plugin when running on linux. I have never been able to figure out what causes it. I am not very good with linux. I will most likely just add a bunch of logging at first, to narrow down to the exact line that is causing this and look for a fix.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have switched to the "value" data for now but then I loose the "F" designation. I would like to use the data as it is presented here for my screens, minus the .xx.
                      I have posted a new version of the plugin. You can download it at the same link from the email. I know this is working for me so lets get you on the same one that I am currently running.

I have mine working as you describe, except I have selected 1 decimal place.
                      This is a section of one of my HSTouch pages.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1291934

On the Devices page, I setup the Temp and Feels Like as so. When you make a change you have to either wait until the Conditions schedule runs again or manually run it.

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1291935

I have the units page set to this. What I have suggested in the past if a value is being ignored then set the round to 2 or 3 places. Then change it back to what you want it to be. I have noticed that the values don't always get set in the ini file when the plugin is first installed so it thinks it is a blank instead of a number.

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1291936

And in HSTouch I have the element setup to use the Temperature Device.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1291937
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

for those with the URL for the beta download I just posted a new version. A couple of changes, and several fixes.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I downloaded the latest version and set the decimal place to 1 for the temperature devices and it works for the location devices but does not work for the forecast temperatures as seen in the attachments.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.42.48 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	196.8 KB ID:	1292053Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.42.19 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	1292052

Comment

Thanks for reporting this. I will go through the forecast code and get the temp devices to follow the round setting from the weatherXML Units page.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I have changed my Location display title to a shorter version than it use to be because I was having trouble reading the device descriptions in the HSTouch designer (they were to long). How do I get the actual plugin devices updated to reflect the shorter name? Will the plugin do it or is it something I need to do manually?

Judd
                              The version that is currently in beta has this feature reactivated. New version available to download as of last evening.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I just posted a new version that should finally have all the "Round Units To" working correctly for both Conditions and Forecast values.

Use the URL from the email.

I will be unavailable for the next 3 hours but will check email when I get back.
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X