Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    Has anyone found a list of the names of possible Conditions given by Dark Sky?

NOAA has a list of conditions here https://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/weather.php

I am currently using NOAA conditions for triggering several events by using Easy Trigger regular expressions.

I've noticed that Dark Sky is more accurate for local conditions than NOAA. I'd like to make the switch to Dark Sky and it would be helpful to know what they are using so I can adjust my regex appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Hi jeff, I know you have been very busy with the implementation, but I was wondering when you get a chance, can you post the screens shot of the device page of how thing should look like. I am not sure if my devices are what they should. I would like to have everything on track before you go ahead to your next phase. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    The release info thread will start being updated again for each release.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...-for-hs3/page4

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Apr-11 12:55:32 PM weatherXML Error Requested value '
    DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Getting this error in the log.
    Please send me a logoutput file.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Apr-11 12:55:32 PM weatherXML Error Requested value '
    DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Getting this error in the log.

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

I submitted it to the updater on Monday. Waiting for it to be approved. Once you are on version 5 I have added a button on the Debug Log page that will when clicked create an Updater Override file in the Homeseer directory. You can then go to the Plugin Management page and Update Listings. That will add a way to select whatever the most current version of weatherXML is available. Stop the plugin, install the new version, and start the plugin. On startup it will delete the updater override file. The plugin management page will be back to normal. This will let users update sooner than waiting on the approval process.
    Great idea!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied

So if I leave the append and prepend on the devices page, and only set the images. and the device append, device prepend, and the device decimal places when the device is first created? I would hate to add an "Update Device Values" button for every device on the Devices page. Are there any posts in the WeatherFlow forums that show what you are describing?
    I should probably check out the WeatherFlow forums to help make my decision on what to get. At the moment, I keep going back and forth between getting the WeatherFlow or one of the Ambient Stations.
    I submitted it to the updater on Monday. Waiting for it to be approved. Once you are on version 5 I have added a button on the Debug Log page that will when clicked create an Updater Override file in the Homeseer directory. You can then go to the Plugin Management page and Update Listings. That will add a way to select whatever the most current version of weatherXML is available. Stop the plugin, install the new version, and start the plugin. On startup it will delete the updater override file. The plugin management page will be back to normal. This will let users update sooner than waiting on the approval process.

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I LOVE my weather flow set up. It's the only crowd funded product that I have every purchased that I didn't regret later.
    I've attached an image of what I'm talking about. Its kind of all or nothing rather than individual devices. And maybe that is an idea as well.

CFGuy, the on first create idea would work for most, just put a note on the device page letting new users know that they are free to edit the devices.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied

So if I leave the append and prepend on the devices page, and only set the images. and the device append, device prepend, and the device decimal places when the device is first created? I would hate to add an "Update Device Values" button for every device on the Devices page. Are there any posts in the WeatherFlow forums that show what you are describing?
    I should probably check out the WeatherFlow forums to help make my decision on what to get. At the moment, I keep going back and forth between getting the WeatherFlow or one of the Ambient Stations.
    I didn’t know about the WeatherFlow, looks really nice and I like that there aren’t any moving parts. It’s about $200 more than the Ambient Station you were looking at though....I see why you are struggling with the decision...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    I like the method that was used for my WeatherFlow plug-in where you have a button to set the append/prepend for your device but you don't have to push it. This lets you set it in the device or have the plugin do it for you if you like. It also means that updates to the plugin wont un-do any changes you made like decimal places and such. But for those who do not want to go through the hassle of setting images and such they can just push the button.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Ditto..

Jeff, I thought I read in a earlier post of a ver .5 being released but I do not see it my Update or Beta? Mike

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I'm good with it too. It does offer more flexibility...

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I like the method that was used for my WeatherFlow plug-in where you have a button to set the append/prepend for your device but you don't have to push it. This lets you set it in the device or have the plugin do it for you if you like. It also means that updates to the plugin wont un-do any changes you made like decimal places and such. But for those who do not want to go through the hassle of setting images and such they can just push the button.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Here is something I would be interested in hearing opinions on. If I remove the append and prepend textboxes on the devices page and do away with the Units page, the device value would get set to the value coming from the import but the device Status Graphics would allow you to set a prepend, append and decimal places per device. Then you could have individual control for each day of the forecast if you wanted to. And no more all Temps use the same value for rounding. For devices like Wind Speed you could add your own speed ranges and have different icons for different speeds.

Thoughts, ideas?
    I like that idea! It definitely opens up the options for everyone to set it exactly how they want. I'm wondering if having a page in your plugin setup makes it easier for those new to the plugin? Just thinking out loud...

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Here is something I would be interested in hearing opinions on. If I remove the append and prepend textboxes on the devices page and do away with the Units page, the device value would get set to the value coming from the import but the device Status Graphics would allow you to set a prepend, append and decimal places per device. Then you could have individual control for each day of the forecast if you wanted to. And no more all Temps use the same value for rounding. For devices like Wind Speed you could add your own speed ranges and have different icons for different speeds.

Thoughts, ideas?
    I like it

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X