Clear All

Working great here, Jeff, many thanks!
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

New version posted at the URL received in the email about DarkSky. Many bug fixes.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thank you for your work. I live in europe and I would like to have weather conditions in another units (with the default API, it's us units).
        With the following request URL, I have the right system of units:

https://api.darksky.net/forecast/[key]/[latitude],[longitude]?units=ca

Is it possible to have this option in the plugin (as units and lang) ? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKREU View Post
          Thank you for your work. I live in europe and I would like to have weather conditions in another units (with the default API, it's us units).
          With the following request URL, I have the right system of units:

https://api.darksky.net/forecast/[key]/[latitude],[longitude]?units=ca

Is it possible to have this option in the plugin (as units and lang) ? Thank you.
          Changing the units on the unit tab does not work?
          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

No. The temperature value is always the same with ° F and ° C.

Comment

I tested this with my install and the values are correct when selecting Celsius or Fehrenheit. To get the device to show the correct symbol go to the page where you selected the devices and put a C in append box for the temperature devices. Eventually the Units tab where you can enter the C or F in the display will go away. This way you can set the Temp symbol differently by device if you choose to.

As for the language, that option is started in the plugin. I just haven't had time to add the dropdown so you can select it yet.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

A bit more clarification. Eventually you won't have to select a unit for the devices to be saved in. The plan is to add a device for Temperature Fehrenheit and a device for Temp Celsius. You can then pick both or just one. It will be that way for all the devices that have multiple units. Part of the rewrite for DarkSky was to rewrite some of the code to add new devices so it would be quicker to be able to add them.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,
                  Looking forward to your new Darksky setup. Any idea when it will be released?

Comment

At this point I "think" I have fixed everything reported. I am going to try to get the Documentation updated this weekend and release the plugin next week.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKREU View Post
                      No. The temperature value is always the same with ° F and ° C.

I posted a new version of the plugin yesterday. It is available at the link that was in the email. Please update to that version and check the conversion values.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Downloaded the latest beta plugin per above. Thank you for all of your very hard work.

Everything is working well, expect I am not getting the images for the Current Conditions as well for the Forecast for a location using Dark Sky.
                        Attached is a screen shot of the Forecast page.
                        I have a another location configured using NOAA and images are displaying correctly for that location.

Additionally, for the Dark Sky Location, the Device, Current Condition, Condition:Icon, it is displaying a string "rain.png" or "fog.png" but is not displaying an icon and the device does not have status graphics.

Best,

Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sammamish Forecast.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	1294813
                        Attached Files

Comment

DarkSky does not provide icons. If you have been using weatherXML for a while you probably have several icons from other providers. You can rename them to match this list and they will be used the next time the import runs.

clear-day.png
                          clear-night.png
                          rain.png
                          snow.png
                          sleet.png
                          wind.png
                          fog.png
                          cloudy.png
                          partly-cloudy-day.png
                          partly-cloudy-night.png

These last 3 are not used, but DarkSky said they might add them in the future
                          Hail.png
                          Thunderstorm.png
                          Tornado.png
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, Thank you for the list of names. Copied over PNGs as you suggested and got it working quickly! Tom

Comment

Hi - I've got it all going with DarkSky - icons etc... The only remaining issue is that I use metric units and the "high" temps come in as degrees C but the low temps are coming in as degrees F, but when converted they look to be right. The WeatherXML units are set to C. Any ideas?

Thanks to Jeff for all the hard work!

Brantz

Comment

Look in the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory for a file named DSCondition1.json. Open the file and look for "timezone". Is the time zone correct? You may have the longitude entered backwards. When the original documentation for weatherXML was written HS had the longitude entered with the wrong sign so wxml said to change the -long to a +long. At some point last year HS corrected the value and wxml should now match the HS lat and long. The documentation will be updated with the release of the next version.
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X