weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS had the longitude entered with the wrong sign

Really? I didn't catch that. Sure enough my longitude was a minus sign.
    Thanks.
    Don

Comment

Jeff having issues with weatherXML_1.xml for hstouch, starting on line 47 the code is wrong <nightPrecipitation0</nightPrecipitation> so I fix it <nightPrecipitation>-</nightPrecipitation> and then hstouch starts to update again for an hour or so. when I check the xml again it has the error again. any idea why this is happening?

Comment

I see the error. I have fixed it and it will be in the next release which might be this week. I got a lot of documentation done tonight. Not much left before I can release a new version.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, what happened to the NOAA Forecast: Night Summary device? I dont see it anywhere.

Comment

I set a flag wrong on NOAA and it hid the Night forecast. I got it changed so the Night Summary Device will show again for NOAA.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, Looking at my Forecast page I notice something different my forecast for Sunday has a Night time image where as the Partly Cloudy starts at afternoon (see attached) what am I missing? Mike
              Attached Files
              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
              Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
              HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                Jeff, Looking at my Forecast page I notice something different my forecast for Sunday has a Night time image where as the Partly Cloudy starts at afternoon (see attached) what am I missing? Mike
                According to DarkSky, on the daily forecast they use the image that represents the worst condition of the 24 hour period. In the FAQ, they mention that they may change that policy.
                I am hoping that once I start working on the Hourly forecast I will be able to just use that info for the daily forecasts and let you pick which hour of the day you want to represent the daytime and which hour to represent the nighttime forecast. I will be uploading the DarkSky version to the HS updater when I get off work later today. Once it is approved and in the updater I will start working on my Phase 2 for DarkSky which is the hourly forecast.

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanxs for the quick come-back, even responses whilst at work! While your reviewing posts quick question re alerts I see within the schedule Tab under "Alert" it is currently set to 15 minutes start at 2 minute after hour does that mean once the alert has been triggered that it will announce every 15 minutes or does it mean it only announces if/when triggered by NOAA?

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

NOAA does not provide a way to receive alerts. (At least not when I last checked) That is why I typically have a check run every 5 minutes during the spring (Tornado season) and back it off to 15 during the summer and winter. I did get a weather alert radio but I could never get it to work with a signal to the com port on my computer. I have an expensive paper weight on my desk now.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Not to be too thick.. so if I understand you, WeatherXML checks the NOAA site every (what ever periodicity) and then reports/speak if the Alert is still active/present, so I'm assuming that when the alert is no longer viable they remove the Alert and WeathXML no longer reports the Alert? Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MNB View Post
                        Not to be too thick.. so if I understand you, WeatherXML checks the NOAA site every (what ever periodicity) and then reports/speak if the Alert is still active/present, so I'm assuming that when the alert is no longer viable they remove the Alert and WeathXML no longer reports the Alert? Mike
                        What I see is weatherXML pulls all alerts for your area based the schedule configured. It parses that feed based on triggers you created and then sends an alert if the filters match.
                        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNB View Post
                          Not to be too thick.. so if I understand you, WeatherXML checks the NOAA site every (what ever periodicity) and then reports/speak if the Alert is still active/present, so I'm assuming that when the alert is no longer viable they remove the Alert and WeathXML no longer reports the Alert? Mike

As drparker151 mentioned the xml file loops over all of the alerts and if it matches one of your triggers, it does the action setup in the trigger. That can be trigger a script, speak the alert, send an eamil, and if you run the pushover plugin it will send an alert via pushover. A total of the times it runs is kept so you can control how many times the same alert will be repeated. I have noticed that sometimes when they update something about the alert they give it a new number so the count starts over.Each alert has a severity setting. You can control the time span for when each severity is allowed to trigger by setting a start time and an end time, set the number of times allowed to repeat (The fist one is not considered a repeat so if you enter 3 you should hear/receive the alert 4 times.) and you can set an override base on the urgency of the alert. Ex. If an extreme alert is set to trigger between 6AM and 11PM, but the severity of the alert is Immediate, then the Immediate would override the start and end time and trigger at any time of the day or night. In my case, a tornado warning that is Immediate is allowed to trigger at any time. Between my phone alerts and HS speaking an alert, we will hopefully get woke up.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Thanxs Drew, its been awhile since I've used WeatherXML and I'm now trying to remember what I've solved in the past , Mike

Comment

• I have one other observation and promise to be quite for awhile... looking at my devices (see below) I'm looking at my Barometer, Rain Today and Last Hour, UV, Visibility, Wind Degrees, Gust, and Wind Speed and do not see my prepend attributes as inputted via the "Devices Tab for Current Conditions and Forecast what am I missing? Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The devices that have "weather current" are the older HS2 legacy devices which uses html in the device string. They were originally setup in web pages and scripts in HS1. They are setup in the Legacy Devices tab under the Advanced menu button. The newer devices that use the append and prepend values are setup on the Devices tab. The ones setup on the picture with the checkboxes you posted will have "HSTouch Current" as the location and are the ones designed to take advantage of some of the HS3 advanatages like Status Graphics.
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X