X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFGuy
    started a topic weatherXML changes for DarkSky

weatherXML changes for DarkSky

I will be posting the link to download a zip file with a beta version of weatherXML with phase 1 of DarkSky. This gives you Conditions and 7 Day forecast.
    The Conditions and Forecast will keep using the same Devices so you DO NOT have to redo your HSTouch or HS Mobile screens.
    You will NOT, repeat NOT, (Did I say NOT?) have to delete your devices with the following exceptions:
    (PLEASE do this before you update to the new version.)

All of the Devices that are in the Daily Section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1291208
    The above image is from the HSTouch/Data Tab in weatherXML admin.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1291209
    The above image is from the Devices Tab in weatherXML admin.

Delete this devices by clicking to remove the green checkmark. Doing this before you upgrade will make it easier due to:
    One of the big changes in the new version is the devices pages have been renamed. The HSTouch/Data menu button is now labeled Devices and is in the top row.
    The old Devices menu button is now labeled Legacy Devices and is under the button labeled Advanced.
    The Last Year High, Last Year Low, Moon Phase, New Moon, and Full Moon devices have been moved to the Conditions section. You will be able to select them there after you upgrade.

The hourly section is temporarily gone. It will be in Phase 2 of adding DarkSky.

Another big change is that when you to the Device pages in the new version, you will only see an option to add the devices that the selected Provider actually provides data for.
    Ex. NOAA doesn't provide precipitation data for conditions. The Rain device checkboxs will not show on the page. You can cheat the system and select a different provider and add those devices, but when you switch back to NOAA, you still won't get any rain data.

The zip file will contain 3 files:
    poweredby-oneline.png - Please place in the HomeSeer HS3/html/images/weatherXML/ directory
    weatherXMLQuickStart.pdf - You will find the instructions for signing up at DarkSky.
    HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe - Go to the HS plugins Management page, stop weatherXML. Copy this file to the HomeSeer HS3 directory. Restart weatherXML.

After weatherXML is started go to the Locations admin page and select DarkSky as the Conditions provider. Enter the API, Lat and Long.

Click on the Admin button labeled Settings. In the Logging Level dropdown select weatherXML Log File.
    If you look at the menu buttons you will see a new button labeled Debug Log.
    This page will now redirect all of the weatherXML log entries to this page. Click Clear Log

Go to the Schedules page and manually run the conditions schedule.

Go back to the Debug Log page and you will see the output from weatherXML.
    Look for any red lines. These will be error messages. If you need help with an error, please click the button Save To File.
    In the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory you will find a file named logOutput.txt.
    Please email me that file along with an explanation of what you were doing in the plugin when you got the error.

After you have read this please send an email to weatherxml@myautomatedhome.net asking for the link to download the new versions zip file.
    I am not trying to track who is upgrading. I just need to limit the number upgrading if I start to get over whelmed with a lot of errors.

• CFGuy
    replied
    I can see where the error is happening but couldn't tell which of the temp values was causing it. I've added some more logging and will have you make another log file when I release .7 to the HS Updater.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Jeff,
    I managed to catch the error this morning and a few others. Here is the log file.

logOutput.txt

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Why is it that even though I'm using Darksky, that the daily schedule is referring to Weather Underground? I'd like to get Max high/Min low temps for a given day.

Name:	darksky.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1300045

The Daily Schedule only handles things that can be updated just once per day. New Moon, Full Moon, First Quarter, Last Quarter, The Today Last Year high and the Today Last Year Low. The message you are seeing about Weather Underground is for the Hourly Forecast. That has not been updated yet. If you are looking for the forecasted high and low temp values that would be in the forecast schedule. Go to the Devices page and select which of the forecast days you want the forecasted high and low values for.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Why is it that even though I'm using Darksky, that the daily schedule is referring to Weather Underground? I'd like to get Max high/Min low temps for a given day.

Name:	darksky.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1300045

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

With error that are happening each time a schedule runs, I really need a logoutput to be able to see what it going on in the background.
    I've seen this error come and go over the last few days. It seems to happen each run for 4 or 5 runs then stops for 12 hours or so. I pull DS current every 30 minutes. So my guess is something in the DS feed is missing or malformed. I'll try to capture a log and the DS feed if it happens again.
    Last edited by drparker151; April 19th, 2019, 11:20 AM. Reason: changed NOAA to DarkSky

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    I do notice that the NOAA barometer and barometer devices are not changing or updating. They have been stuck at the same level for over a week.

I thought I'd try to delete the devices and recreate them. So I did that this morning and I'm not seeing them correlate with the NOAA station I am using. For instance the NOAA barometer reading is 30.22 yet my device is still saying 30 and has said 30 for over a week.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied

With error that are happening each time a schedule runs, I really need a logoutput to be able to see what it going on in the background.
    Strange. I can't seem to reproduce this error now. When it pops up again, I will send a logoutput file.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Jeff,

Click image for larger version  Name:	current.png Views:	1 Size:	124.5 KB ID:	1299705

Also getting a different error every time the NOAA current forecast is run
    Apr-18 10:30:01 AM weatherXML Error convertTempValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
    Looks like Barometer and Barometer Direction haven't update for a week and Visibility hasn't updated in several days and Wind Gust is a question mark.

Click image for larger version  Name:	conditions current.png Views:	1 Size:	388.7 KB ID:	1299706

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Jeff,

Im currently running .7

I'm still getting these errors whenever I access the Current weather page (/weatherXML?page=1) set for NOAA
    Apr-18 10:33:33 AM weatherXML Error Requested value '
    DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Not seeing anything wrong with the page as far as I can tell.
    Mentioning that it is happening when you accessed the current weather page was the clue that I needed.

Got it fixed and it will be available in the next release.

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    Something that I did was to go through each of my weather devices and any that hadn't updated today I removed. I then went in to the device settings and toggled the check boxes for each of the devices. That cleared all of my errors (this was back a week or so ago when this fun all started.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Jeff,

Im currently running .7

I'm still getting these errors whenever I access the Current weather page (/weatherXML?page=1) set for NOAA
    Apr-18 10:33:33 AM weatherXML Error Requested value '
    DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Not seeing anything wrong with the page as far as I can tell.

Name:	current.png
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	1299705

Also getting a different error every time the NOAA current forecast is run
    Apr-18 10:30:01 AM weatherXML Error convertTempValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
    Looks like Barometer and Barometer Direction haven't update for a week and Visibility hasn't updated in several days and Wind Gust is a question mark.

Name:	conditions current.png
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	1299706

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    The idea with the checkboxes is it will allow me to add more items under the daily section and allow you to pick and choose which ones you want to use. It will also allow a way to get an any extra info needed to get that particular data. Ex. If you were using NOAA as the condtion and forecast provider but wanted to get the Last Year data as well, there would be an API, Lat and Lon textbox so you could enter the info for DarkSky.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    They are part of the values that will only update once a day. Go to the Locations page and look for the Daily Section. You have the option to select Last Year Temps and/or Moon Phases. Next go to the Schedules page and make sure that you have the Daily Schedule activated.
    Thank you! I had the daily schedule setup to run everyday, I just missed the check mark next to the “Last Year Temperature” under the Daily Setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    They are part of the values that will only update once a day. Go to the Locations page and look for the Daily Section. You have the option to select Last Year Temps and/or Moon Phases. Next go to the Schedules page and make sure that you have the Daily Schedule activated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X