X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mik3y
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    This post has been updated due to the DarkSky version being in the HS updater now and no longer a zip file to download.

NOTE:
    The version of weatherXML with DarkSky is now in the HomeSeer Updater.
    It can be installed from the Plugin Management page.
    If you are upgrading from a version before 3.0.1.0 then read through the following.

3.0.1.0 and greater of weatherXML with phase 1 of DarkSky gives you Conditions and 7 Day forecast.
    The Conditions and Forecast will keep using the same Devices so you DO NOT have to redo your HSTouch or HS Mobile screens.
    You will NOT, repeat NOT, (Did I say NOT?) have to delete your devices with the following exceptions:

(PLEASE do this before you update to the new version.)
    Delete All of the Devices that are in the Daily Section.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	59 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	1291208
    The above image is from the HSTouch/Data Tab (Renamed Devices in the new version) in weatherXML admin.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	46 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	1291209
    The above image is from the Devices Tab (Renamed Legacy Devices in the new version) in weatherXML admin.
    This section is gone in the new version.

If you are on a version earlier than 3.0.1.0.
    Delete these devices by clicking to remove the green checkmark. Doing this before you upgrade will make it easier due to:
    One of the big changes in the new version is the devices pages have been renamed. The HSTouch/Data menu button is now labeled Devices and is in the top row.
    The old Devices menu button is now labeled Legacy Devices and is under the button labeled Advanced.
    The Last Year High, Last Year Low, Moon Phase, New Moon, and Full Moon devices have been moved to the Conditions section. You will be able to select them there after you upgrade.

If you are on a version greater than 3.0.1.0
    Go to the Device Management page and select weatherXML Daily Devices and delete them there.

The hourly section is temporarily gone. It will be in Phase 2 of adding DarkSky.

Another big change is that when you go to the Device pages in the new version, you will only see an option to add the devices that the selected Provider actually provides data for.
    Ex. NOAA doesn't provide precipitation data for conditions. The Rain device checkboxs will not show on the page. You can cheat the system and select a different provider and add those devices, but when you switch back to NOAA, you still won't get any rain data.

On the Device Management page, find the root device for the Condtiions devices. Click on the device name. Look for a weatherXML tab next to the Status Devices. If there are devices that don't work with the selected provider, it will have a list of those devices. You can delete them or click the button to have them deleted. If you are just upgrading tp use DarkSky don't delete any devices until after you have selected DarkSky as your provider.

After upgrading weatherXML, go to the Locations admin page and select DarkSky as the Conditions provider. Enter the API, Lat and Long.

Click on the Admin button labeled Settings. In the Logging Level dropdown select weatherXML Log File.
    If you look at the menu buttons you will see a new button labeled Debug Log.
    This page will now redirect all of the weatherXML log entries to this page.

Click Clear Log
    Go to the Schedules page and manually run the conditions schedule.

Go back to the Debug Log page and you will see the log output from weatherXML.
    Look for any red lines. These will be error messages. If you need help with an error, please click the button Save To File.
    In the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory you will find a file named logOutput.txt.
    Please email me that file along with an explanation of what you were doing in the plugin when you got the error.

Is there no Illumination readings being pulled in?

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    For DarkSky you can go to the Devices page and there is an option to select the Rain: Last Hour. I don't think it is the actual inches of rain in the past hour though. I set my schedule up to download once an hour every hour and to keep 100 backup files. I went through and started to add up the totals in the files but it did not add up. From what I can tell by looking at the data it seems to be an average rate of rain in the past hour.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    None of the current providers have a daily rain total. DarkSky has a total for the previous hour but no total for the day. I have found a provider that does provide it, but I have other items that I need to finish before I add another provider. Unfortunately, my real job keeps getting in the way of my hobby.
    So where in the plugin do you configure the rain for the previous hour or have I misunderstood that this is not supported currently at all?

Robert

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    if you have one of the PWS owners api, then you will be able to get the daily total. I am working on the new WU API and the DarkSky replacement for hourly forecasts.
    No, unfortunately I don't own a PWS, I was grabbing data via WU from one really close by.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    if you have one of the PWS owners api, then you will be able to get the daily total. I am working on the new WU API and the DarkSky replacement for hourly forecasts.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    None of the current providers have a daily rain total. DarkSky has a total for the previous hour but no total for the day. I have found a provider that does provide it, but I have other items that I need to finish before I add another provider. Unfortunately, my real job keeps getting in the way of my hobby.
    Yes, I have that problem too. Thanks for the update. Really miss the WU PWS data.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Jeff. You posted on April 6th (and I apologize, but I don't seem to be able to quote it) about accumulated daily rain devices and running totals. I am running v3.0.1.9 with DarkSky but I can't see where to configure this.
    Many thanks James

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Yep. That was something I was working on but jumped off to try to get some more data for the barometer issue. The names are working in the release going to the updater tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Just noticed that the Dark Sky forecast days of the week are listed as "false"

Click image for larger version

Name:	false.png
Views:	187
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1301808

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I can see where the error is happening but couldn't tell which of the temp values was causing it. I've added some more logging and will have you make another log file when I release .7 to the HS Updater.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Jeff,
    I managed to catch the error this morning and a few others. Here is the log file.

logOutput.txt

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Why is it that even though I'm using Darksky, that the daily schedule is referring to Weather Underground? I'd like to get Max high/Min low temps for a given day.

Name:	darksky.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1300045

The Daily Schedule only handles things that can be updated just once per day. New Moon, Full Moon, First Quarter, Last Quarter, The Today Last Year high and the Today Last Year Low. The message you are seeing about Weather Underground is for the Hourly Forecast. That has not been updated yet. If you are looking for the forecasted high and low temp values that would be in the forecast schedule. Go to the Devices page and select which of the forecast days you want the forecasted high and low values for.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Why is it that even though I'm using Darksky, that the daily schedule is referring to Weather Underground? I'd like to get Max high/Min low temps for a given day.

Name:	darksky.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1300045

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied

With error that are happening each time a schedule runs, I really need a logoutput to be able to see what it going on in the background.
    I've seen this error come and go over the last few days. It seems to happen each run for 4 or 5 runs then stops for 12 hours or so. I pull DS current every 30 minutes. So my guess is something in the DS feed is missing or malformed. I'll try to capture a log and the DS feed if it happens again.
    Last edited by drparker151; April 19th, 2019, 11:20 AM. Reason: changed NOAA to DarkSky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X