Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drparker151
    replied
    That looks great and would save a lot of work vs having to add each element in touch.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by jpape View Post

Jeff,

How are you creating that display? Is that HTML code that can be pasted into a HSTouch element?

Judd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The current version of weatherXML had a device that created that output as html. But html doesn't work in a HSTouch element so it looked awful.
    The change for the new version is that instead of creating html, it is one big image that is being created and you can then use that in HSTouch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	1294432

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    I'm open to ideas on how this should work. Personally, I'm ok with the night icons.

On the subject of forecast icons.... One of the legacy devices uses html code to build a multi day forecast. It has never worked in HSTouch due to the html code. I now have it working so it creates an image that can be used in HSTouch, and web pages, etc.

Views:	154
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	1294016
    Jeff,

How are you creating that display? Is that HTML code that can be pasted into a HSTouch element?

Judd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sickpuppy
    replied
    I would drop the HTML code/table aspect for HSTouch and just focus on the devices... let the users get their own graphics (BTW, the NOAA ones are terrible from a graphical consistency standpoint ), rename name, and place each variable wherever they want in their HSTouch project.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    The created image will use whatever icons you have setup to use for each location. I have a location setup to use the Norway.YR site. Below is the vertical version of the image using icons from Norway.YR.

Views:	131
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1294026

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    I'm open to ideas on how this should work. Personally, I'm ok with the night icons.

On the subject of forecast icons.... One of the legacy devices uses html code to build a multi day forecast. It has never worked in HSTouch due to the html code. I now have it working so it creates an image that can be used in HSTouch, and web pages, etc.

I like those. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    They also state they will change it and add more in the future or something to that effect. So I just picked icons from NOAA that matched the names they listed and don't worry about it. Here are the icons I use.

Name:	icons.png
Views:	138
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1294011

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBuzz
    replied
    drp:

I appreciate you digging that out of the FAQ. If I understand the info, seems you can’t just copy the clear-day icon to use as the partly-cloudy-night icon because if current conditions at night are partly cloudy, then your condition icon would be a sun!

BBB

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    This is from the DarkSky FAQ on the icons. I read this to mean if they have night forecast it's "worst" condition of that day.

In the meantime, you can assume that if partly-cloudy-night is the worst weather condition that was found, that it was clear during the day. So you can just treat partly-cloudy-night as an alias for clear-day.

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBuzz
    replied
    Jeff:

So the take-away from this is:

I don't see any way to control what gets put into the data from DarkSky as far as day vs night icons.
    So if we get some scattered night forecasts, that is just the way DarkSky works...

Paul

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
    Jeff:

This what I was trying to follow - guess I didn't interpret correctly...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...14#post1291814

BBB

That was to answer the user who had posted an image of the speak devices.

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBuzz
    replied
    Jeff:

This what I was trying to follow - guess I didn't interpret correctly...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...14#post1291814

BBB

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Sorry, you mentioned speaking so I thought you were talking about a speak device. The custom tab in admin is designed to allow users that speak different languages to replace the words in the column on the left with what they type into the textboxes on the right. They will not go away. But if you don't want them to be different then just leave them the same in both columns. I'm not following what you were trying to do on that page. If you were trying to replace the night icons to display day icons I would suggest taking the icon you use for the day and making a copy that has the night name as well. I don't see any way to control what gets put into the data from DarkSky as far as day vs night icons.

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBuzz
    replied
    Jeff:

This is the "Custom" tab, yes? I guess I'm dense and/or going blind, as I don't see a save button. Can you send me a picture?

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X