Array index is out of range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Array index is out of range

After 2/24/19 stop updating weather data. When I click in the plugin name I get an error page. If go to the different options in the plugin scroll menú I get also the message in the page “Array index is out of range”. Re-start the plugin and nothing change. Uninstall and re-installed and same history. I love the plugin, any idea how to fix it?

I suspect that you have 2 problems. The biggest one is that Weather Underground has stopped providing data with the usage of their API. NOAA is an option for the US users. If all goes as I think it will, a new version of the weatherXML plugin will be available in the updater next week. This adds the option to use DarkSky.

The second issue with the array index, typically means that the ini files that the plugin uses have gotten corrupted. To fix that you will need to coy the ini files from a backup.
    There are 2 files in the HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherXML directory.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff for the answer.

Just to let you know that WU will continue supporting the API for PWS owners. I already get mine. See link below:

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...-wu-api-update

For the corrupted file, I don’t have any idea how to fix it. Do you think that the upcoming update could fix this?

Comment

While they are going to provide an API for PWS owners, the format of the files are different so none of the download and import code in weatherXML will work. I have to rewrite a lot of code. While that is on my to do list, I need to finish adding DarkSky as that is available for all to use.

For the correupted file, do you have any backup software running? If so, look in the HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherXML directory. There should be 2 ini files there. Copy them back to the HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherXML directory. If you don't have copies then you can delete the files that are there and start new with the setup of weatherXML.

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I’ll try anything including deleting the plugin and installing again and still showing all the plugin devices. There’s is any way that I can delete and uninstall everything related to the plugin and then do a new install from scratch.

Comment

No need to uninstall everything. Just delete the ini files. hspi_weatherxml.ini is in the HomeSeer HS3/config directory. Then in HomeSeer HS3/config/weatherXML directory delete all of the files there. Then go to the Plugin Management page, stop the plugin and re-install the plugin. That will set it up to allow you to start new.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff, my apologies to bother you. I have a Hometroller Zee S2 and I only know how to work through the GUI. No experience in scrip or how to get into the directory or to delete the file. Before asking you I made a lot of research on the web for instructions or videos without any luck. I will appreciate if you can point me to a site or place to learn how to do it in a step by step way. Sorry aging for asking.

Comment

Working...
              X