New error w/ switch to Norway.yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New error w/ switch to Norway.yr

Switched to Norway.yr and now getting this error.
    weatherXML Error convertPrecipitationValues: Conversion from string "mm" to type 'Double' is not valid.
    Don

New version posted at the URL received in the email about DarkSky. Is fixes this error as well.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Having problem with forecast low temp using Norway.yr. Every other provider
      has lows in the low thirties, while Norway.yr's web site, and thus the plugin,
      reports the lows in single digits. This isn't Jeff's problem, but I was wondering
      if anyone else is seeing this.

Also the conversion error is still there, although it now looks like the issue
      is a null string

weatherXML Error Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
      Don

Comment

The temperature values in Norway are celsius. I posted a new version of the plugin yesterday. If you haven't changed to that version please do so. Then check the temps and see if they are converting correctly. As for the error, I need more than just the error to figure it out. Go to the settings tab and change the logging to weatherXML output file. Run the schedule that is giving the error. Then go to the Debug Log tab and click the button to save the log to an output file. It will be saved in the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory. Grab that file and email it to me.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff. By the way, this plugin is a great piece of work. Just discovered the pushover connection. Sweet!
          Don

Comment

Hi Jeff;

More lame questions...

I'm struggling with setting up WeatherXML to read Cumulus file for Conditions and use Norway yr for forecast.

On the Locations page the Forecast source doesn't list Norway yr. I looked into the help files, but might have
            missed something.

Also trying to pin down conversion error listed previously. Can't seem to trigger it.
            Don

Comment

I will have to add it. Surprise no one has caught that before now. I won't be home this evening but will try to add it tomorrow.
              That error you got could have just been a missing value at that time. You may not see it again.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                I will have to add it. Surprise no one has caught that before now. I won't be home this evening but will try to add it tomorrow.
                That error you got could have just been a missing value at that time. You may not see it again.
                Thanks Jeff.

So far, no new errors.

When you get some time, I was hoping you could pull some more data out of the realtime.txt file for Cumulus, like inside temp, inside humidity and apparent temp.

Thanks again.
                Don

Comment

On the Locations page the Forecast source doesn't list Norway yr.

Have you been able to look into this yet?

And is this possible?

When you get some time, I was hoping you could pull some more data out of the realtime.txt file for Cumulus, like inside temp, inside humidity and apparent temp.

Thanks
                  Don

Comment

I don't have access to the files. If you can provide one and tell me which value in the file is the inside values then I put it on my to do list.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I don't have access to the files. If you can provide one and tell me which value in the file is the inside values then I put it on my to do list.
                      Thanks, on its way. No rush, as I have a script that pulls the data out. Any idea when you will be able to look at the forecast dropdown list mentioned in my previous post?

Jeff.zip
                      Don

Comment

Yep. Norway.Yr has been added to the forecast dropdown.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yep. Norway.Yr has been added to the forecast dropdown.
                          Great, I'll grab it and plug it in. Thanks.
                          Don

Comment

Working...
                          X