No announcement yet.

New WU API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not receive one as I don't have a weather station. I am not sure if they emailed the new API keys or if you had to request one.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Jeff,
      I upload to Weather Underground and have for years so where does one get this API key?
      You have to log into your account to get one. The system does not work very well, and it usually requires a few attempts before it works. Some have had to use different browsers.

You can email Victoria for help, victoria.gardner@ibm.com

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post

New API doesn't have a lot of the old API features so it might be some work to replace it. Don't see alerts, hourly, tides or radar anymore and PWS owners only get 5 day forecasts.

New API
        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qpE_gArAY/edit

Z
        Hi CFGuy, I was just looking at that new API documentation and I think you'll have to rename this plugin WeatherJSON I think I may write a C# app to go get at least the local conditions and load them into the existing WU devices for now so I don't have to change my scripts. Do you write your PI code in VB or C#?

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post

Hi CFGuy, I was just looking at that new API documentation and I think you'll have to rename this plugin WeatherJSON I think I may write a C# app to go get at least the local conditions and load them into the existing WU devices for now so I don't have to change my scripts. Do you write your PI code in VB or C#?
          There's already code posted for this on the forum here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I used it to create a vb.net script to do exactly that (populate existing WeatherXML devices).
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

There's already code posted for this on the forum here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I used it to create a vb.net script to do exactly that (populate existing WeatherXML devices).
            Thanks! Now what am I going to do this weekend?!

Comment

Hey Team,
              Any update on this?! I am really missing my 5 day forecast on my HSTouch screens?
              is there any hopes to get this working again?
              thanks
              fred

Comment

Looks like the new WU API was down from about 10:45am PDT to 4-5pm PDT. It's back now. Was returning 401 Forbidden.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                  Looks like the new WU API was down from about 10:45am PDT to 4-5pm PDT. It's back now. Was returning 401 Forbidden.
                  Must have been localized. It was (and is) working fine for me.

Comment

Ok forgive me, im confused... the weatherXML plug in stopped working some time ago, someone said it was due to changes on the weather underground API
                    I no Longer have my weather devices updating, therefor, my weather screens on my hstouch devices are not current.. can someone please tell me how to get the plug in working again and my weather devices updating?!
                    im running WeatherXML v 3.0.1.18

Comment

You will need to switch to either NOAA or DarkSky as the provider. Both are free. DarkSky provides more data than NOAA but you have to register for a free API key.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone
                      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        You will need to switch to either NOAA or DarkSky as the provider. Both are free. DarkSky provides more data than NOAA but you have to register for a free API key.
                        Ahhh oh ok that stinks a little, I loved using Weather underground, since I have a Personal weather station on there, and was able to actual use MY weather station data in my hs touch screens
                        I will work on switching to Darksky
                        thank you

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

Ahhh oh ok that stinks a little, I loved using Weather underground, since I have a Personal weather station on there, and was able to actual use MY weather station data in my hs touch screens
                          I will work on switching to Darksky
                          thank you
                          You can use WU (since you have a station) if you are willing to do a little scripting.
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api

Comment

Working...
                          X