X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

Ahhh oh ok that stinks a little, I loved using Weather underground, since I have a Personal weather station on there, and was able to actual use MY weather station data in my hs touch screens
    I will work on switching to Darksky
    thank you
    You can use WU (since you have a station) if you are willing to do a little scripting.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api

Leave a comment:

• thetaz01
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    You will need to switch to either NOAA or DarkSky as the provider. Both are free. DarkSky provides more data than NOAA but you have to register for a free API key.
    Ahhh oh ok that stinks a little, I loved using Weather underground, since I have a Personal weather station on there, and was able to actual use MY weather station data in my hs touch screens
    I will work on switching to Darksky
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    You will need to switch to either NOAA or DarkSky as the provider. Both are free. DarkSky provides more data than NOAA but you have to register for a free API key.

Leave a comment:

• thetaz01
    replied
    Ok forgive me, im confused... the weatherXML plug in stopped working some time ago, someone said it was due to changes on the weather underground API
    I no Longer have my weather devices updating, therefor, my weather screens on my hstouch devices are not current.. can someone please tell me how to get the plug in working again and my weather devices updating?!
    im running WeatherXML v 3.0.1.18

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by dzee View Post
    Looks like the new WU API was down from about 10:45am PDT to 4-5pm PDT. It's back now. Was returning 401 Forbidden.
    Must have been localized. It was (and is) working fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• dzee
    replied
    Looks like the new WU API was down from about 10:45am PDT to 4-5pm PDT. It's back now. Was returning 401 Forbidden.

Leave a comment:

• thetaz01
    replied
    Hey Team,
    Any update on this?! I am really missing my 5 day forecast on my HSTouch screens?
    is there any hopes to get this working again?
    thanks
    fred

Leave a comment:

• dzee
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

There's already code posted for this on the forum here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I used it to create a vb.net script to do exactly that (populate existing WeatherXML devices).
    Thanks! Now what am I going to do this weekend?!

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by dzee View Post

Hi CFGuy, I was just looking at that new API documentation and I think you'll have to rename this plugin WeatherJSON I think I may write a C# app to go get at least the local conditions and load them into the existing WU devices for now so I don't have to change my scripts. Do you write your PI code in VB or C#?
    There's already code posted for this on the forum here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I used it to create a vb.net script to do exactly that (populate existing WeatherXML devices).

Leave a comment:

• dzee
    replied
    Originally posted by vasrc View Post

New API doesn't have a lot of the old API features so it might be some work to replace it. Don't see alerts, hourly, tides or radar anymore and PWS owners only get 5 day forecasts.

New API
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qpE_gArAY/edit

Z
    Hi CFGuy, I was just looking at that new API documentation and I think you'll have to rename this plugin WeatherJSON I think I may write a C# app to go get at least the local conditions and load them into the existing WU devices for now so I don't have to change my scripts. Do you write your PI code in VB or C#?

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Jeff,
    I upload to Weather Underground and have for years so where does one get this API key?
    You have to log into your account to get one. The system does not work very well, and it usually requires a few attempts before it works. Some have had to use different browsers.

You can email Victoria for help, victoria.gardner@ibm.com

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I did not receive one as I don't have a weather station. I am not sure if they emailed the new API keys or if you had to request one.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Jeff,
    I upload to Weather Underground and have for years so where does one get this API key?

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    The old WU API is no more. It has been shut off and no longer works for anyone. The new API you were given if you have a weather station providing data to them uses their Parent companies API. A lot of the data that I was using in weatherXML is no longer available even in the new API. No more hourly forecast, no Animated Radar image, and no Historical Almanac data. The new WU API will only give you current conditions from your weather station and a 5 day forecast. I am currently working on adding the new WU API as an option, there just won't be as much available as before.

Leave a comment:

• thetaz01
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    The new API that you got from WU does not keep the old system working. It is all new. Different URLS, different file format, different file structure. The HSTouch screens are not using WU either. I believe they are using APIXU. Currently, with weatherXML, you have a choice of DarkSky, NOAA, Norway.YR, and a cumulus software created file getting data from a supported weather station.
    Oh well that sucks ;(
    well wait a minute, I really don't care about the default weather in hstouch screens,
    I care more about the WU data I was putting into my Custom screens
    if I remove the API will it allow the WU to work again and download the weather data again?
    Also is there plans to fix this in the weatherxml plug in?
    or is it being disbanded?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X