Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DayDate0 now has Date AND Time

Jeff:

For some time I have been shamelessly using the HSTouch weather templates you provided, including the Current Weather screen with a button that passes some parameters obtained from script statements to a smaller "today's forecast" screen. Among those parameters is the current DATE via this script:

Code:
    [$SCRIPT=&hs.GetINISetting("Forecast1","DayDate0","","weatherXML\weatherInfo.ini")]
    This worked fine with WU - however with DarkSky the DayDate0 value is now a date AND time value (I checked my weatherinfo.ini file just to make sure). The larger value takes up too much room for the space I have on the HSTouch screen. I'm sure I can figure out how to chop off the time - but just wondering if you intended to make this change to DayDate0...

Regards,
    BBB

Are you using the DayDate devices as well? I am not seeing the time in the devices but I am seeing it in the ini file. I suspect it is the difference in how the value was provided in the download file.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff:

Yes, I have been using the value from the .ini file. I don't know how I would pass the value from a device to the screen in the same way I have been from the .ini file...

Paul

Comment

Should just be able to do this:

Code:
        [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString(5678)]
        Change 5678 to the reference ID of the DayDate0 device.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Definately, move to using the device string. I have been moving away from ini files as there have been many times that they have gotten corrupted and I have had to pull out my backups. weatherXML used to have 6 ini files but I am down to 3 now. When I rewrite the alerts section that will get rid of one more ini file.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff and sparkman:

Will do - thanks.

BBB

Comment

Hmm -

Seems to be inconsistency in Day Dates 0-1 and Day Dates 2-7; maybe I'm missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inconsistent_Day_Dates.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1295267

Comment

Try this. Go to the Locations tab in wxml. Near the top is Date Format for this location. Click on the dropdown and select a format. The next time that the forecast runs check to see if the date matches the selected format.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff:

Okay, chalk this up to "ye of little patience" -- I had just created the Day 2-7 Date devices, but it appears they hadn't hit the forecast update cycle - when I came back to my system, they now all are of the same format. Sorry about that, chief...

Regards,
                  Paul

Comment

No problem. I would still recommend that you take a look at the Locations tab and view the date formats in the dropdown. There are 3 new ones. I've been using the 3/26/19 format.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff with the way you are doing the day names now (looks like a full week's worth, value is chosen based on numeric value), how do I use that in HSTouch?

Puzzled

Comment

To try to be more succinct,
                        Code:
                        [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString(xxx)]
                        No longer works, nor does &hs.DeviceValue(xxx)

Comment

Use Status Text.
                          and if you want to use it in a script.
                          hs.DeviceVSP_GetStatus(RefID, hs.DeviceValue(RefID), ePairStatusControl.Status)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	225
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1302852
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff:

Thanks! It was the script form that I needed! I started reading about VSPairs in the HS3Help file and my eyes started rolling back in my head...

Paul

Comment

Or if you prefer using the non changing Device Tech Address.

hs.DeviceVSP_GetStatus(hs.GetDeviceRef("Location 1 HST Name 0"), hs.DeviceValue(hs.GetDeviceRef("Location 1 HST Name 0")), ePairStatusControl.Status)

Just replace 0 with the number for the day you want to display.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X