high low bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high low bug

Long time user first time poster. I noticed a bug with weatherxml. When I have events triggered by it and use todays high / todays low in the events, they do not trigger at all. Switching to temperature fixes the problem. I really like homeseer and weatherxml and I appreciate all of your hard work on it. I am using the new Dark Sky source and have only noticed it in the current version of weatherxml. I have tried the current main channel and beta of homeseer but no luck. Thanks. I also have to reboot my controller or wait a really long time in order for forecast data to show on the users page Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Can you post an image of the event that you are trying to trigger on the High / Low events?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Sure, picture below. This worked fine in previous versions.

Attached Files

Comment

This issue might be resolved with the 3.0.1.3 build. I have other events that use todays high / todays low and those are working since updating. It may be a while until we have another warm day here to test the event I posted but so far so good. Thanks for your quick reply and fix.

Comment

It is resolved. Thanks.

Comment

It appears to be back in version 3.0.1.4 and 3.0.1.6. Thanks

Comment

Which device are you thinking is being used for Todays High? In this case the Trigger is the Conditions Temp: Todays High. It is not the forecasted high, but rather it is the high so far today starting at Midnight. If the high for today is forecasted to be 65, the Todays High may start out at 50 at midnight. As the day gets warmer the value for Todays High will go up. If by Noon it was up to 59,and it gets cloudy and cold then the Todays High may never go above 60.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I did not realize that, I thought it was the forecasted high. I just don't understand why this worked for a year. I created todays high/low forecast devices instead of using the weatherxml triggers and this seems to be working. Thanks

Comment

Did you maybe have the event set to use Forecast Day 0 High Temperature instead of Todays High? That would have done what you were wanting.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                  X