Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weatherXML version supports the new WeatherUnderground API?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What weatherXML version supports the new WeatherUnderground API?

Hi CFGuy, I've been reading all the posts on weatherXML and the challenges of the API for Weather Underground. I'm running weatherXML 3.0.1.4, and have a new API key (I'm running a Davis Vantage Pro 2 uploading to Weather Underground). I've put the new API key into weatherXML settings, but I'm not getting anything. Not even current temperature. I don't see WU in the choices under Location Sources.

Apart from setting up a location for Dark Sky for forecasts, I have not changed anything in the WU settings or devices. I just put the new 3.0.1.4 in place, restarted the plugin, and also restarted HS3.

I'm sure you know, but there are a lot of posts on your plugin since the WU changes. Can I just do a level-set here for all of us on WU? Is 3.0.1.4 supposed to be working right now with the new weatherXML API or not yet? Sorry, but I've been reading for hours and haven't found a definitive answer - maybe I just missed it.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm rehashing something that's already been covered.

WU will require a rewrite of the import due to the changes It is on my to do list but I don't know when yet.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate all the work and complexity you're dealing with in the WeatherXML PI.

I know you have enough on your plate right now, but because of the WU changes, I've re-enabled Cumulus FTP from my Davis ProVantage weatherstation. I am getting updated realtime.txt files every 5 seconds, but the file watcher in 3.0.1.4 doesn't seem to be noticing them. If I click "Run Now" in the scheduler screen for the Cumulus location, the devices update with current values, but its not updating on its own. Any suggestions?

Comment

If I remember correctly, it takes a restart of the plugin to start the file watch. I'll go through the code to confirm, but try that for now.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I seem to have found the problem. I had the Cumulus software set to Delete/Replace the file, so I turned that off so that it overwrites the file. The change in Cumulus didn't change it's behavior, so then I shutdown and restarted Cumulus. After that, it started overwriting the file. Now the file watcher in WeatherXML works. I also slowed it down to once every 15 seconds, so I'm going to boost it back up to 5 seconds and see if it keeps working.

Comment

Just curious how WU differs from Openweathermap.com I'm using the latter quite simply and successfuly for some time now

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...uipment-needed

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              Just curious how WU differs from Openweathermap.com I'm using the latter quite simply and successfuly for some time now

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...uipment-needed

Looks like the difference is that WU allows those with weather stations to upload their data to WU and then download it in a way that can be pulled into HomeSeer.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
              X