Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange values in weather devices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strange values in weather devices

    After upgrading the plugin and migrating my old setup to DarkSky all WeatherXML values are messed up (see screenshot). Un-installing the plugin, remove all related devices and files (as far as i could find them) en re-install the plugin did not seem to make things beter so far. This is on win7.

    However, on my Linux system everything looks like expected, so no problem there.

    All tips are welcome...


  • #2
    I am seeing similar values here. I am afraid this could be the return of dreadfull dot vs comma for decimals?

    Wim
    -- Wim

    Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

    Comment


    • #3
      w.vuyk hit it on the head. When I wrote the functions to convert from one unit to another, I forgot to add the code for regional decimal separator.
      So a comma instead of a dot would cause the conversion to fail.
      I tried to convince the rest of the world to convert to my way of thinking but that failed so I added the Regional check back in.

      If you go to the new page labeled Debug Log, you should see a button labeled Create Updater File. Must be on wxml version 3.0.1.5 or higher for the button.
      Clicking on that button will place an Updater Override file in the HS directory. You can then go to the updater page and click Update Listings.
      Open the Interface headings for weather. You will be able to download version 3.0.1.7.

      You can also wait for .6 to hit the normal updater. I submitted it on Friday and it should be approved in the next day or so.
      .6 fixed the issue you are seeing for all but percentages. .7 fixed that and one of the testers from France has confirmed that the values are back to normal. Even if they have a funny looking dot.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

      Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        I tried to convince the rest of the world to convert to my way of thinking but that failed so I added the Regional check back in.
        Shame you did not succeed Things would be so much easier....

        Anyway. I can also confirm that installing 3.0.17 solved the problem. Thanks for the quick support.

        Comment

        Working...
        X