Tiny graphics for Forecast Horizontal and Forecast Vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny graphics for Forecast Horizontal and Forecast Vertical

I am using Dark Sky. Most of it is going great! One thing I used to like a lot was the single line horizontal forecast. In the latest versions this horizontal forecast is so small that I can't see it. It appears all 5 daily icons are crammed into the size of one icon. Is there a setting I can adust to give me the 5 icons wide? I am seeing a similar situations with the Forecast Vertical icons. Further they don't seem to be filling in properly which probably means I have not loaded the correct icons in the correct place. But why are they so small?
    I do have the condition icons in the condition folder but the combo horizontalForecast_1 doesn't seem to be combining them.

I am seeing the same issue here and do not understand what cased this tiny (and missing icons). Maybe I miss something still?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I moved the 2 graphic forecasts from the legacy devices over to the main devices and instead of using HTML in the device string which kept them from being used in HSTouch, I used the code to create an actual image. As is typical I have heard from lots of users wanting to be able to use them in HSTouch, so I assumed that no one was using them, since all I heard was can you fix it. In this case the squeaky wheel appears to have been wrong.

On the devices page, where you select the checkboxes, at the bottom there is a checkbox for the 2 graphical forecasts. A new textbox is there to enter an internal IP to get to the images. The IP is only used during the creation of the image. Once the image is created you can view the image with whatever URL you would normally use or you can add it to HSTouch. The small image is from adding the forecast image to the device status graphics.

Were you viewing the preious device in the HS device management page only? Or using it in something else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1299206
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I was viewing it in the device list page. That is where it shows up tiny as shown in 3rd graphic in first post.
        Is there a way to return the legacy horizontal and vertical forecast devices as well as have the hs touch device? I’m a fan of several legacy devices including the combo temp and feels like and combo wind speed and direction.

Comment

Yeah, I have backups of the previous code. I don't have anything going this Saturday, I'll start on it then.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks. I also really liked the combined barometer and combined moon devices. Would love it if they could make a comeback

Comment

If you use the Create Updater File and download the beta version again. You can readd the Horizontal and Vertical HTML images as devices on the Legacy page.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                If you use the Create Updater File and download the beta version again. You can readd the Horizontal and Vertical HTML images as devices on the Legacy page.
                Thanks Jeff. I downloaded the latest version and not sure what I have wrong, but something still does not appear to be right with my setup...

This is the forecast file horizontalForecast_1.png that is generated in the directory HomeSeer HS3\html\images\weatherXML\condition I really like the look of it, but not sure what I need to do to correct the missing conditions pictures?

Name:	horizontalForecast_1.png
Views:	241
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1301708

I also enable the legacy section for horizontal and vertical forecast and it looks great, but once I resize it for posting on a screen, the text is almost unreadable.

Name:	weatherXML-forecast.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1301709

Any ideas?
                Billy

Comment

For the non legacy one that is an image the dll used has to know where the images are. On the page where you click the checkbox to create the device there is a text box to enter an internal IP to the homeseer directory. For example on my setup I enter 192.168.9.3.
                  ​​
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

For the non legacy one that is an image the dll used has to know where the images are. On the page where you click the checkbox to create the device there is a text box to enter an internal IP to the homeseer directory. For example on my setup I enter 192.168.9.3.
                    ​​
                    Ah... I see now. I had my IP address in that box, however I did not have the port number in it... Once I put the IPADDRESS:PORT it started working.

Thanks

Name:	horizontalForecast_1.png
Views:	225
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1301777
                    Billy

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                      I am running version 3.0.1.6. I did not run the beta. Just wondering if in 3.0.1.7 the legacy page will have those devices, or whether I should try to work with the beta. I am in no rush. Thanks

Comment

Yes the legacy device page has the vertical and horizontal forecast added back using html code. I am planning on sending the most recent 3.0.1.7 to the HS updater tomorrow The only change I plan on making is to add a style sheet class to the day name in the html code.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

I also enable the legacy section for horizontal and vertical forecast and it looks great, but once I resize it for posting on a screen, the text is almost unreadable.

Name:	weatherXML-forecast.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1301709

Any ideas?
                          In the HomeSeer HS3/html/css directory find a file called custom.css.

Add this

PHP Code:

.weatherHigh {

font-weight900

colorRed

font-size:14px;
                          }
                          weatherLow {

font-weight900

colorBlue

font-size:14px;
                          }
                          weatherDay {

font-weight900

colorBlue

font-size:18px;

Modify them as you want to control any style sheet property that you want to use.

The Day name uses the style name weatherDay
                          The icons use the style weatherIcon
                          The condition text uses weatherCond
                          High Temp uses .weatherHigh
                          Low temp uses weatherLow
                          Precipitation uses weatherPrecip

--
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                            I found the legacy devices in version 3.0.1.7. Thank you for putting them back in. The issue I am now having is that the graphic is giant while the text size is fine. On my home page I can only see the icon for one day because the icon size is so big. I have attached a snip of the device string. Is there something I can do to render 5 or 6 days or horizontal or vertical forecast with more modestly sized icons? Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Check the post above about using styles in the style sheets. The one for the images is weatherIcon. You can set the height and/or width as you prefer.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X