X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by jono View Post

Jeff you were correct about the units page. I changed it from "1" to "%" and all is well. I found that 1 was prepopulated in both of my HS3 implementations so wonder if that is the default on download of weatherxml.
    On number of days, that is in several location in the plug in. Can you point me to the tab that I should change number of days to address the -1 issue?
    Finally, where can I find a link to donate!
    Thanks for all your great work on this.
    It was one of the beta versions. Instead of using text for which unit is selected, I changed to using a number value. That way I couldn't typo the unit option. I added a function that I could send the number to and it would return the unit text. Only one place to type the text that way. I missed changing the Units page to convert the number to the text so we all ended up with a 1 instead of a %.
    If you click on the Menu button labeled Help. It takes you to a page with all of the current pdf help files and a paypal button.

Next up is finishing the hourly forecast for DarkSky and Conditions/5 Day forecast for the new WU API.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    Rain should be percent. Go to the Units page and see if you have a 1 in the percent box. If so, either change it to a % or just leave it blank.
    The -1 would have to be the next days Temps based on their colors. Do you have the number of days to show set to 6 or to 7?
    Jeff you were correct about the units page. I changed it from "1" to "%" and all is well. I found that 1 was prepopulated in both of my HS3 implementations so wonder if that is the default on download of weatherxml.
    On number of days, that is in several location in the plug in. Can you point me to the tab that I should change number of days to address the -1 issue?
    Finally, where can I find a link to donate!
    Thanks for all your great work on this.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Bowie View Post
    I moved to the Dark Sky API today and everything seams to work except I dont have the icons that are associated with the devices. Are they downloaded from Dark Sky? I get a few Dark Sky icons in the html/images/weatherXML folder but only a few including their logo. Can I force a download somehow?
    Thanks
    see here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...h-correct-name

Leave a comment:

• Jim Bowie
    replied
    I moved to the Dark Sky API today and everything seams to work except I dont have the icons that are associated with the devices. Are they downloaded from Dark Sky? I get a few Dark Sky icons in the html/images/weatherXML folder but only a few including their logo. Can I force a download somehow?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Rain should be percent. Go to the Units page and see if you have a 1 in the percent box. If so, either change it to a % or just leave it blank.
    The -1 would have to be the next days Temps based on their colors. Do you have the number of days to show set to 6 or to 7?

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Jeff, one last set of questions. Can you tell me what the rain number is on this graphic? Also, what is the best way to get rid of the -1 presented on the far right?
    Thanks much
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturewxml.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1303543

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Try this.

.weatherIcon {
    width: 75px;
    }

When you go to the Device Management page make sure that you click the icon for Reload the page. It needs to reload the style sheets. A way to confirm that it reloaded is to change the color on weatherHigh to black. Once you confirm the font color changes and the images changes you can change the color back to whatever color you want.
    That worked! Thanks. For those interested here is my version of the file that works for me:

/* Add style elements to this file to customize your HomeSeer Web Interface */
    /* Any style elements in this file that are a duplicate of one in STYLE.CSS will override STYLE.CSS */

.weatherHigh {
    font-weight: 900;
    color: Red;
    font-size:11px;
    }
    .weatherLow {
    color: Blue;
    }
    .weatherDay {
    font-size11px;
    }

.weatherIcon {
    width: 50px;
    }
    .weatherCond {
    color: Black;
    }

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Try this.

.weatherIcon {
    width: 75px;
    }

When you go to the Device Management page make sure that you click the icon for Reload the page. It needs to reload the style sheets. A way to confirm that it reloaded is to change the color on weatherHigh to black. Once you confirm the font color changes and the images changes you can change the color back to whatever color you want.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    I tried this for a custom.css file but no luck. I'm specifically looking to shrink the weathercons in the Forecast Graphical Vertical and Forecast Graphical Horizontal devices.
    This is my custom.css file. Sorry I'm such on novice on this stuff:

/* Add style elements to this file to customize your HomeSeer Web Interface */
    /* Any style elements in this file that are a duplicate of one in STYLE.CSS will override STYLE.CSS */

.weatherHigh {
    font-size:14px;
    }
    .weatherLow {
    }
    .weatherDay {
    font-size:18px;
    }

.weatherIcon {
    font-size:7px;
    }
    .weatherCond {
    color: Black;
    }

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Check the post above about using styles in the style sheets. The one for the images is weatherIcon. You can set the height and/or width as you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Hi Jeff,
    I found the legacy devices in version 3.0.1.7. Thank you for putting them back in. The issue I am now having is that the graphic is giant while the text size is fine. On my home page I can only see the icon for one day because the icon size is so big. I have attached a snip of the device string. Is there something I can do to render 5 or 6 days or horizontal or vertical forecast with more modestly sized icons? Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by bdraper View Post

I also enable the legacy section for horizontal and vertical forecast and it looks great, but once I resize it for posting on a screen, the text is almost unreadable.

Name:	weatherXML-forecast.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1301709

Any ideas?
    In the HomeSeer HS3/html/css directory find a file called custom.css.

Add this

PHP Code:

.weatherHigh {

font-weight900

colorRed

}
    weatherLow {

font-weight900

colorBlue

}
    weatherDay {

font-weight900

colorBlue

font-size:18px;

Modify them as you want to control any style sheet property that you want to use.

The Day name uses the style name weatherDay
    The icons use the style weatherIcon
    The condition text uses weatherCond
    High Temp uses .weatherHigh
    Low temp uses weatherLow
    Precipitation uses weatherPrecip

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Yes the legacy device page has the vertical and horizontal forecast added back using html code. I am planning on sending the most recent 3.0.1.7 to the HS updater tomorrow The only change I plan on making is to add a style sheet class to the day name in the html code.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    If you use the Create Updater File and download the beta version again. You can readd the Horizontal and Vertical HTML images as devices on the Legacy page.
    Hi Jeff,
    I am running version 3.0.1.6. I did not run the beta. Just wondering if in 3.0.1.7 the legacy page will have those devices, or whether I should try to work with the beta. I am in no rush. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    For the non legacy one that is an image the dll used has to know where the images are. On the page where you click the checkbox to create the device there is a text box to enter an internal IP to the homeseer directory. For example on my setup I enter 192.168.9.3.
    ​​
    Ah... I see now. I had my IP address in that box, however I did not have the port number in it... Once I put the IPADDRESS:PORT it started working.

Thanks

Name:	horizontalForecast_1.png
Views:	228
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1301777

Leave a comment:

Working...
X