Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new error on 3.0.1.8

Seeing a lot of these errors since updating yesterday to 3.0.1.8:
    May-08 10:04:00 AM weatherXML Error Dark Sky Conditions: Dark Sky. To keep from going over any limits, weatherXML will only download once every 10 minutes. It has only been 9 minutes. weatherXML will not download until the allowed time.
    I have darksky set to check conditions every ten minutes and didnt change anything from 3..1.7 to 3.0.1.8. Let me know if you need a log

It's not an error. The 10 minute limit is there to not overuse a free service. I just finally got it added with this version. I sent an email to DarkSky and asked them if they had a time limit value they wanted to enforce. They replied that the time wasn't a big deal so I will modify it for the next release.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

This does not make sense to me. I have downloads set to 10 minutes. Why should I get a warning? I increased it to 12 minutes to see what happens.

Comment

When a schedule runs it takes several seconds. So when the next 10 minute event runs it has only been 9 minutes and some seconds. That is why the message says it has only been 9 minutes..

When we are getting data for free, I don't like to over use our welcome, so I have have the 10 minute limit in place for years. I had not added it for DarkSky during the testing.
        Since you brought it up, I checked with DarkSky about what type of a limit they want us to use. I will build that limit into the plugin.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok that makes sense to me now. Thanks Jeff. At 10 minute downloads, I was never getting even half of the daily allowed max.

Comment

It's nice to be considerate towards services that is free.
            But now, they have a 1000 call a day limit, and even with 15 minutes intervals, we are far from it.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1303796

So would be nice if you could reduce the llimit a bit, so that we at least can trigger the event every 10 minutes =)
            Attached Files

Comment

After the response from DarkSky I will set the minimum time to 0 and just enforce the 1000 per day.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

3.0.1.9 is in the updater as of this morning. The minimum time limit has been removed from DarkSky.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X