Device Naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device Naming

Tried searching for this but I couldn't find an answer. Surprised me to be honest since I can't be the only one with this question.
    Is there a simple way of changing the device names created by the plugin?
    My devices are being named using the station name before the "element" itself, ie Meriden, Meriden Markham Municipal Airport, CT Precipitation 5, which makes it hard to pick when choosing a device in HS Touch. I would rather they didn't include the station as in "Precipitation 5" only.
    Before I go renaming them manually I figured I'd ask to save myself the frustration.
    Thanks.

If you go to the Locations setup page, you can enter a name in the Display Title. That will override the usage of the Station name. Due to being able to have multiple locations setup, you can not leave it blank. When you enter a name in the Display Title, you will get a button labeled "Update" and the text will show what it will append to the names of the devices.
    ex. Change (Basehor) to (Home). This will not change the "Precipitation 5" part, just the text before the main part of the device name.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Perfect! Thanks.

Correction, Just tried it. All it does is change the names from Meriden, Meriden Markham Municipal Airport, CT Precipitation 5 to Home, Home Markham Municipal Airport, CT Precipitation 5.
      I'm looking to get rid of everything except Precipitation 5.
      Possible?

Comment

The most you can get to is "Home Precipitation 5".

From the above it looks like you have "Home, Home Markham Municipal Airport, CT Precipitation 5." currently.

To get the changes in sync try this.
        On the locations page, in the Display Title enter the text that is currently before the device name. "Home, Home Markham Municipal Airport, CT"
        Do not click on Update.
        After the page refreshes edit the Display Title to "Home". The text you want the current text to be changed to.
        It can not be blank.
        When the page refreshes you should see: Change (Home, Home Markham Municipal Airport, CT) to (Home)
        When the text is correct. Then click the Update button.

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I went through and did them manually. What a pain that was but it's done.

On another note, do you know how I can use sunset and sunrise as devices? I'm using the NOAA feed and I don't see it in the plugin. Not sure if it's even available from them.

Comment

Sunset and sunrise is not available from NOAA. DarkSky does provide them but I haven't added them to the list of devices yet. It is on my to-do list.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

How about this?
              https://sunrise-sunset.org/

Got it from the NOAA site.

Comment

Adding a new provider will be pretty far down the list. DarkSky provides the data in their forecast json so I just need to add the code to create the devices.

The current road map is to add the new API for weather underground (Almost done with this) and the hourly forecast from DarkSky.

Already on the list is to add Ambient Weather, and APIXI as a new provider.
                I'll look into adding the sunrise-sunset.org site at that point.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X