Odd behavior of Forecast devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd behavior of Forecast devices

I've noticed that the forecast devices don't reflect the correct days as shown in my included image.
    The Location 1 Forecast Tonight has the correct day (Friday) but the Location 1 Forecast Tomorrow, which should
    be 'Saturday' has the day as Wednesday. Am I not interpreting this correctly?

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeff.png
Views:	197
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1308115
    Don

The HSTouch Forecast and the weather Forecast devices should not be mixed up like they are in the image. Each type should have its own parent device.

What version are you on?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I completely missed the difference in the HSTouch and Weather Forecast. Old age, old eyes.

I added some forecast devices via the device page and they have the name Forecast's' where my original devices were Forecast. Did you make some changes that I missed?

Thanks
      Don

Comment

The default Location1 is still weatherXML. The location2 default names have changed.
        The Legacy devices are now "weather Forecast Legacy".
        The previous HSTouch Forecast devices are now "weather Forecasts"

Legacy conditions are "weather Current Legacy"
        Previous HSTouch Condition are now "weather conditions"

But you don't have to keep the default names. You can change any of the Locations or Device Names.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff;
          Still trying to figure this out. In the name column listing 'Hamilton, Montana Forecast Tomorrow Night' my device
          string is 'Thursday' which is correct. However 'Hamilton, Montana Forecast Tomorrow' the string is
          'Monday: Rain starting in the evening' which is the correct forecast but the incorrect day.

The Combined page shows the correct day and forecast.

What am I missing? What device do I use for tomorrow's forecast?

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeff.png
Views:	169
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1309016
          Don

Comment

Bump
            Don

Comment

Please check this thread on how to create the log output file and email it to me.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I'm so sorry. I keep forgetting to do that. Ran forecast schedule, here is the debug file
                Don

Comment

I downloaded the file and then deleted it so your lat, long, any API's are not available to anyone that might download the file.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks for looking out for me. I should have thought of that.
                    Don

Comment

I think I'm having the same issue.
                      Just noticed the forecast devices aren't updating and haven't since the 8th.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Forecast.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1310308
                      Should the "end" be before the "start" here?

shows the last change in devices.

Name:	last changed.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1310309

The current is working.

Name:	Current.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1310310

Comment

I just noticed this in the log:
                        Jun-13 3:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                        Is the station ID the location I am using? I can't find a stationID setting in the plugin.

Comment

Definitely something missing for Forecast.
                          My forecast is set for 1 minute after every hour and the log shows that error every 1 minute after the hour.

Jun-13 6:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                          Jun-13 5:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                          Jun-13 4:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.

Comment

FYI: I'm using Darksky for my forecast. I'm not sure you guys are having the same issue I'm experiencing.
                            Don

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                              Definitely something missing for Forecast.
                              My forecast is set for 1 minute after every hour and the log shows that error every 1 minute after the hour.

Jun-13 6:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                              Jun-13 5:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                              Jun-13 4:01:00 PM weatherXML Error The StationID for NOAA Weather is missing.
                              version .16 hit the HS updater today.The NOAA and Norway.yr issues are fixed.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X