Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feature Request] Season tracking

Any way to pull in the Season?

Not sure what you'd use this for, but back in HS2 (I don't use it currently), I had an event triggered at midnight on March 21, June 21, September 21 and December 21 to set the season name in a virtual device. It also set the value of the device to 1=Spring, 2=Summer, 3=Fall, 4=Winter.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      Not sure what you'd use this for, but back in HS2 (I don't use it currently), I had an event triggered at midnight on March 21, June 21, September 21 and December 21 to set the season name in a virtual device. It also set the value of the device to 1=Spring, 2=Summer, 3=Fall, 4=Winter.
      Its for automating enable/disable of a set of events used for the Whole House Fan (meant to cool things off at night, in the summer). Its really not the ideal way to do it so last night I decided to simply use the 'High' outdoor temperature. If that is not above 85F then the event doesnt enable.

Comment

I do something similar.
        When the outside temperature goes above 20 Celcius, I have HS switch the Z-Wave thermostat to Cool Mode. When the outside goes below 10 Celcius --> Heat Mode. The thermostat mode is then used to control the behavior of several other events.
        Previously, I'd used a date trigger to do the switch Spring and Fall, but since the weather is so variable around those shoulder seasons, I constantly found myself overriding that schedule. Those two settings provide a nice dead band so the system isn't constantly switching back and forth.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
        X