No announcement yet.

Graphic for device Forecast Horizontal/Vertical - icons not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is two ways to do the Vertical/ Horizontal. On the tab Legacy Devices, if you set it to use the on that page, it creates them using HTML. While that will look good in a web page, it doesn't really work with HSTouch.
    If you are wanting to use them with HSTouch, go to the Devices tab. That is where you will setup the Horizontal/Vertical devices. It will build the HTML but then convert it to an image which works great in HSTouch. As for the names, you do have to match what is in your Forecast devices. The plugin is designed so that once an image has been downloaded, it won't download it again. So if you have nicer images, you can give them the names of what is being set in the forecast. Even if you take a png and rename it with a jpg, the convert to image will still include the forecast image into the new image. It saves the image in a device. You will want to use the device in HSTouch, not the name of the combined image. The reason for this is that the only way to force an immediate update in HSTouch is to change the device value. So each time the forecast image gets created, I update the device value between 99 and 100. That triggers HSTouch to refresh the image.
    Hope that makes sense.

I should have some more time Monday and will check this thread again.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff, maybe I'm slow today but I can't seem to figure out how the above can help me solve the issue originally identified which is:

You can notice below that the update is done at the same time for all devices;
      regular forecasts use the correct icons (from "condition" folder)
      but for some reason, horizontal/vertical forecast uses an old set of test PNG I deleted a while back which seem to be stored permanently somewhere; but I can't figure out where and/or how to delete/reset these icons. (see device 1903 below)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture15.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	1349017

Legacy works well but I use HStouch so the standard horiz/vert devices would be useful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	1349018

How can I force these 2 devices (Horizontal forecast / Vertical forecast) to reset the icons and pull them from the condition folder?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Jeff, just wondering if you had a chance to review this, still no luck getting the vertical/horizontal icons updated...
        Thx for your help

Comment

Finally got it; had to clear browser image cache. Seems the plugin takes the icons from there but only for vertical/horizontal forecasts.

Comment

Working...
          X