No announcement yet.

WeatherXML Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you you for all your time and effort I think I am giving up on my weather XML I've done all that you said with no luck I don't know what the problem is but its probably something I'm doing wrong Very Frustrating

Again thanks for your time and help

John

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/member/70780-john2eye

I haven't given up and hopefully this will make it work for you.

I wrote a script that takes the weatherXML map devices you have created and overwrites the status graphic file. This is the script and it should be placed in the HomeSeer/scripts directory.

GetFileforDevice.txt.zip

The script accepts all values as parameters. DeviceReference#|HostName|Path&FileName|FileNameToBeWritten (Examples to be given below)

The event calls the script. Below is a screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-09 11-32-40.png Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	1353034

The parameter examples are:

615|https://radar.weather.gov|/Conus/Loo....gif|Test1.gif ---- The "|" is the divider between parameters

DeviceReference# = 615 -----> you will have to determine the device ref number for each of your weatherXML devices (Will show you how to easily do this later)
      HostName = https://radar.weather.gov ----> no ending /
      Path&FileName = /Conus/Loop/NatLoop.gif ---> must have the starting /
      FileNameToBeWritten = Test1.gif ---->Whatever you would like to name it

The other file I am retrieving in the script has parameters

636|https://www.ready.noaa.gov|/data/for....gif|Test2.gif

You can add as many retrievals during the day as you like.

The Devices I created are shown below. They have to have a status graphic image with a value of 100 for the script to work.It can be any file

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-09 11-17-18.png Views:	0 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	1353032

The status graphics are shown below

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-09 11-36-51.png Views:	0 Size:	500.1 KB ID:	1353035

Notice that the device reference is shown on the left side of the device. You can display this by going to Tools ---> Setup ---> Custom

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-09 11-20-02.png Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	1353033
      If you need help give me a private message and we can communicate over e-mail or phone (your choice)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 5.52.53 AM.png
Views:	61
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1353228 So Im not sure where to type the script I see on yours where it says it but I click and there is no way to type it in

Comment

You have to copy the .vb file in the scripts directory on the HS computer. Do you know how to SSH into the hub?

Comment

I can't believe I am this dense sometimes.

Create a script that looks like this except use the name you want to use for the visual basic file. What this does is uses a linux program called touch to create a blank file. chmod changes the protections to Read, write, execute for root and the group. It creates R & W privilege for the world. 7 = R,W,X; 6 = R,W; 4=R. This creates the blank file that you can now select as the file name to edit the script. This is shown below. The command is executed from the HomeSeer main directory which is why the file starts with ./scripts

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-10 15-56-35.png Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	1353411

This is the selection of the file.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-10 16-07-18.png Views:	0 Size:	213.2 KB ID:	1353412

And this is the editor as it shows up for a blank file. You can then cut and paste into the script and save the script edits.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-01-10 16-09-23.png Views:	0 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	1353413

Hope this provides a way to get this done that does not require directly logging into the HomeSeer Box. if you make a mistake in naming I can show you how to write an event to rename the file. The file must have the extension .vb.

Comment

First i'm the one whose dense. I don't know scripting which is the problem. I think it looks good? except Im getting an error Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.45.07 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1353434

Comment

you are looking in opt/HomeSeer. I think you need to look in /usr/local/homeseer. I chose /opt and homeseer chose /usr/local to install. This is a personal preference. You also need to set the parameters when you run the script.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 9.55.32 AM.png
Views:	51
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1353526Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 9.57.48 AM.png
Views:	43
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	1353527 Ok Finally I think I have everything Could you please give a once over Also will this work in Homeseer Mobile as well as HS touch

Thanks
                  John

Comment

You are using two different scripts. The second call to the script should be the same as the first. You are accessing the same file just sending it different parameters. If you want to multiple files the the device reference ID should be different or you will overwrite the data. Did you check to see that the weatherXML device Reference ID is correct for your system?

Yes this can be called as an event from HSTouch and the device will contain the map so it's "status" will show the last map retrieved.

Think that the event will run the same script but can retrieve different files so you don't have multiple scripts that do the same thing. The script is controlled by the parameters you send it. The script is similar to you going to the site in a browser and downloading but without the manual effort.

Comment

Working...
                    X