Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather XML is not posting correct data

Hello,

I have downloaded WeatherXML and it is currently pulling data from Dark Sky API.

My current readings are:
    Location 1 HSTouch Current Group weather Conditions weatherXML Location 1 HSTouch Current Group Today
    10:29:57 AM
    weather Conditions weatherXML Home Wind: Gust Today
    6:55:12 PM
    weather Conditions weatherXML Home Wind: Speed Today
    6:35:11 PM
    weather Conditions weatherXML Home Temperature Today
    7:27:09 PM
    weather Conditions weatherXML Home Temperature: Todays High Today
    2:45:06 PM
    weather Conditions weatherXML Home Temperature: Todays Low Today
    7:27:10 PM
    07:30 PM weather Conditions weatherXML Home Updated: Time Today 7:30:11 PM
    Wind's from the North at 3 miles per hour, with gusts up to 3 miles per hour weather Conditions weatherXML Home Wind: Summary Today
    7:10:12 PM

However when i look at the Dark Sky API data it does not match in particular the current wind speed and gust:
    {"latitude":37.8267,"longitude":-122.4233,"timezone":"America/Los_Angeles","currently":{"time":1578277681,"summary":"Clear ","icon":"clear-night", "nearestStormDistance":224,"nearestStormBearing":354,"precip Intensity":0,"precipProbability":0,"temperature":52.58,"appa rentTemperature":52.58, "dewPoint":46.81,"humidity":0.81,"pressure":1033.7,"windSpeed":7.45,"windGust":11.17,"windBearing":303,"cloudCover":0,"uvIndex":0,"visibility":10, "ozone":311.3} ,"minutely":{"summary":"Clear for the hour.","icon":"clear-night","data":[{"time":1578277680,"precipIntensity":0,"precipProbability":0 }, {"time":1578277740,"precipIntensity":0,"precipProbability":0 },
    Is there a setting or something that i am missing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Just some questions to help get a clearer picture.

1. - Have you set the schedule for data retrieval?
    2. - Have you selected the variables you want in the configuration? There are multiple tabs on the data.
    3. - Have you tried using a NOAA site to determine if it is something with Dark Sky. For Tucson International Airport that would be KTUS

Comment

Hi thanks for your help

1). I have set the schedule for data retrieval
      2). I did pick the devices from the devices menu and from the advanced menu. Looks to me like they are the same values even though the device created in the advanced menu show with a time stamp that they are upended more regularly
      3). I have not tried theNOAA data yet but will give that a try

thanks

jason

Comment

If the value in the file is not matching what is getting set in the devices, try changing the unit setting. Even if it is showing correctly, change it to something different and then change it back to the desired unit.
        To get to the units page, In the weatherXML admin pages, click on the button labeled Units.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I have changed the units and it does not make a difference. The value shown does not change and it does not match the data that I get when I pull the dark sky api for my location.

Here is the data data from dark sky at my location:

windSpeed":10.29,"windGust":15.76, here is my device data From the same time period: Click image for larger version

Name:	36E1FC70-0609-415B-90CB-F7B4D3453A57.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1354589 It could a units problem but both the gust and the wind speed show same value. The current temp is also not what is being given in api data. Do I have something setup wrong?

thanks

Jason

Attached Files

Comment

Jeff I figured it out. The Lat and Log data when i submitted to Dark Sky via web page was changing to the default. All is good.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Comment

Working...
            X