Darksky stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darksky stopped working

Seeing this in logs and weather has stopped updating. Any info?

downloadFile: Dark Sky Forecast from: https://api.darksky.net/forecast/API...utely&units=us. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Not using WeatherXML; however I have a script that downloads current conditions from DarkSky. It started erroring out at 12:35 PM PST today.

The cryptic error message text hints that the issue may be within the SSL/TLS arena.

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceiv e(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsync Result lazyResult) at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result) at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Current(String p)

Very puzzling. Using Chrome on the same machine, able to fetch the URL successfully. Also, the script runs without issue on an HS3-Pi box.

Tried updating .NET to the latest 4.8, but that had no effect.

Comment

I am fairly certain the API updated as the URL in my log is throwing a 403.

Comment

Same for me...though the status of the service shows to be up on their site.

Comment

Me as well

Comment

Back on line now.

Comment

Looks like it is back down as of yesterday 21:00 eastern.

Comment

Seeing the same issues here w/ Dark Sky api, getting the "Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send." error.

The problem started 2/27 around 2:30p CST. Then it apparently resolved itself on 2/28 around 1:30p CST. Then the problem re-appeared for a bit on 3/3 from around 3:15a until around 7:50a. Then started once more yesterday 3/4 at 4:10p and is still happening currently.

What's weird is that the API call works fine for me in a browser on the HS3 computer (Firefox tested).

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Comment

Mine errored out at 14:07 PST yesterday, no updates since then.

Comment

What OS's are working/not working? I'm seeing the problem on Windows 7 Embedded Standard SP1. It works on Linux mono 6.8.0.105.

My guess is a .NET SSL/TLS issue.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                      What OS's are working/not working? I'm seeing the problem on Windows 7 Embedded Standard SP1. It works on Linux mono 6.8.0.105.

My guess is a .NET SSL/TLS issue.
                      Windows Server 2016 (not working in HS3 but works in Firefox)

Comment

.NET SSL/TLS stuff on PC's is not exactly my specialty ...I'm assuming that that since it came back on it own the issue is something like server or firewall changes on the DarkSky end?

IE - Once they work through issues again it will come back again? Or, do I need to upgrade something to get up past some security flaw they've upgraded past to fix? (etc.)

Comment

Windows Server 2016 (up-to-date) here and still working for me...
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

More clues...but only clues.

When DS stopped working a day or so ago, I switched from HS.GETURL to my own GETURL which uses a HTTPWebResponse. Apparently I got that changed about the time DS started working again, but it stopped last night.

Yes, the URL works great from a browser. And, new evidence, the HTTPWebResponse version works correctly when run as a separate program, even when executed by HS. But, when it runs as an HS script it fails.

I'll keep digging.

Comment

Looks like it may be working again

Comment

Working...
                              X