No announcement yet.

Darksky stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this a stand alone script meant to run as a event. I don't think It has anything to do with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by MStan View Post
      I think this a stand alone script meant to run as a event. I don't think It has nothing to do with the plugin.
      Will it update the existing weatherXML devices or create its own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        Will it update the existing weatherXML devices or create its own?
        Sorry for the confusion. The script has nothing to do with the plugin. Its an alternate method to display Darksky data in devices.

The script doesn't create the devices, that was done manually.

I'm afraid that the solution that phuz found will need to be incorporated into the plugin by the author to get that working.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Sorry for the confusion. The script has nothing to do with the plugin. Its an alternate method to display Darksky data in devices.

The script doesn't create the devices, that was done manually.

I'm afraid that the solution that phuz found will need to be incorporated into the plugin by the author to get that working.
          Exactly. This "fix" needs to be incorporated in the script. I was merely pointing out what he has to do to resolve it. I started writing my own plugin and scripts so that I wouldn't be at the mercy of others when things inevitably break. I'm too impatient to wait for plugin updates.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post

Exactly. This "fix" needs to be incorporated in the script. I was merely pointing out what he has to do to resolve it. I started writing my own plugin and scripts so that I wouldn't be at the mercy of others when things inevitably break. I'm too impatient to wait for plugin updates.
            zwolfpack Great, I guess I can use it as an alternative if CFGuy doesn’t come back anytime soon. I hope everything with Jeff is ok?

Plugin's:

Comment

zwolfpack Great, I guess I can use it as an alternative if CFGuy doesn’t come back anytime soon. I hope everything with Jeff is ok?

Yeah, I hope he's OK too. However, looks like it's been 2 months since he's been here:

CFGuy
              MasterSeer
              Last Activity: January 9th, 2020, 01:16 PM

Comment

Unfortunately, Jeff had family issues and had to back out of the community. He left a note on this board a while ago stating that he would be unable to spend much time with us.
                Don

Comment

I emailed Jeff this morning to make him aware of this issue. Let's hope he has time to respond.

Comment

Hi all. I found a workaround to get this working with minimal effort. In summary, the WeatherXML plugin appears to be a .NET application. You should be able to force the app to use TLS v1.2, which is now required by DarkSky, by updating the .NET config file.

At the root of the HS3 directory, you should see two files:
                    HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe - This is the application itself
                    HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe.config - This is the .NET config file

Add the following line (bold and in red) to the config file (assuming yours looks similar), then stop/restart the plugin. This should make it start working again by forcing the HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe application to use TLS v1.2.

Code:
                    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                    <configuration>
                        <startup>
                            <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
                        </startup>    
                        <runtime>
                          <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions=false"/>
                            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                                <probing privatePath="bin/weatherXML;bin"/>
                            </assemblyBinding>
                        </runtime>
                    </configuration>
                    Hope this helps!

~Joe

UPDATE: The above fix is for Windows 10 only

Windows 7
                    Thanks to The Profit (in post #44 below)
                    https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/kn...Windows-7.html

Windows 2k8 R2
                    Thanks to brantz (in post #47 below)
                    https://support.quovadisglobal.com/k...r-2008-r2.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                      I emailed Jeff this morning to make him aware of this issue. Let's hope he has time to respond.
                      Thank you for reaching out to Jeff, I hope as well that he will have some time. I read his Status Update post, sounds like he has some challenging times ahead of him.

I've been looking around at the other options for weather and everything else requires a device on your roof. It seems I will need to start looking into picking one up. Anyone have any experience with the other plugins that they could suggest looking into? WeatherXML has just been a great plugin, it's going to be hard to beat!
                      Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by jplandry View Post
                        Hi all. I found a workaround to get this working with minimal effort. In summary, the WeatherXML plugin appears to be a .NET application. You should be able to force the app to use TLS v1.2, which is now required by DarkSky, by updating the .NET config file.

Add the following line (bold and in red) to the config file (assuming yours looks similar), then stop/restart the plugin. This should make it start working again by forcing the HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe application to use TLS v1.2.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                        <configuration>
                        <startup>
                        </startup>
                        <runtime>
                        <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions= false"/>
                        </assemblyBinding>
                        </runtime>
                        </configuration>

Hope this helps!

~Joe
                        Hi Joe,
                        I tried to add the above bold statement to the config file and it is still giving me errors in the log and not updating, did I do something incorrect?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	weatherXML.png
Views:	636
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1368948
                        Plugin's:

Comment

Hi Joe,
                          I tried to add the above bold statement to the config file and it is still giving me errors in the log and not updating, did I do something incorrect?
                          Hello. Sorry to hear that it did not work for you. Did you happen to stop/start the plugin after you made the change to ensure the config file took effect?

I discovered this fix by the following article ...
                          https://kevinchalet.com/2019/04/11/f...ecompiling-it/

I just added that line, restarted the plugin, then forced an update and it worked without any issues. I have HomeSeer set for 15 minute updates, and it has been running for a couple of hours now without any errors after that fix was added (while I was getting errors every 15 minutes before).

Also, I just realized that my original post had a space after "= false" while the article shows "=false". I don't think that space will make a difference, but you may want to try removing it just in case.

Comment

Hello. Sorry to hear that it did not work for you. Did you happen to stop/start the plugin after you made the change to ensure the config file took effect?

I discovered this fix by the following article ...
                            https://kevinchalet.com/2019/04/11/f...ecompiling-it/

I just added that line, restarted the plugin, then forced an update and it worked without any issues. I have HomeSeer set for 15 minute updates, and it has been running for a couple of hours now without any errors after that fix was added (while I was getting errors every 15 minutes before).

Also, I just realized that my original post had a space after "= false" while the article shows "=false". I don't think that space will make a different, but you may want to try removing it just in case.

Yes, I did stop/restart the plugin, however I noticed the article for the link you posted indicated that it is different for Windows 7 OS:

If you're still using Windows 7, you'll also have to tweak the registry to enable TLS 1.2 support, as indicated on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...istry-settings.

The TLS 1.2 Key (folder) wasn't there originally, only the SSL 2.0, so I created the TLS 1.2 Key and subkey Server and then created the Enabled entry and changed the value to 1 as indicated in my link above. Is this the correct way to add? I can't imagine creating these keys is all that is needed to enable TLS 1.2?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	406
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1368962
                            Plugin's:

Comment

So I found another website that describes how to enable TLS 1.2 on in Win7 OS, made sure everything is correct, removed the space in the statement and rebooted the computer.

Everything seems to be working again! Thank you Joe for your help!!

Here is the link if anyone else is running HS on a Win7 machine: https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/kn...Windows-7.html
                              Plugin's:

Comment

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                                <configuration>
                                <startup>
                                </startup>
                                <runtime>
                                <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions= false"/>
                                </assemblyBinding>
                                </runtime>
                                </configuration>

Hope this helps!

~Joe
                                For me, this fix seems to work! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X