No announcement yet.

Darksky stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! This worked on Win 10 system. If you mistype it (like I did) there is no warning message and it does not work. Copy/paste to be safe.

Comment

I had the same problem on Windows 2k8 R2 Server and solved it by adding the line to HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe.config file (as previously noted in post 39) and I also needed to do the following steps by editing the registry as follows:

How to enable TLS 1.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2:
      1. Start the registry editor by clicking on Start and Run. Type in "regedit" into the Run field (without quotations).
      2. Highlight Computer at the top of the registry tree. Backup the registry first by clicking on File and then on Export. Select a file location to save the registry file. Note: You will be editing the registry. This could have detrimental effects on your computer if done incorrectly, so it is strongly advised to make a backup.
      3. Browse to the following registry key:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Security Providers\SCHANNEL\Protocols
      4. Right click on the Protocols folder and select New and then Key from the drop-down menu. This will create new folder. Rename this folder to TLS 1.2.
      5. Right click on the TLS 1.2 key and add two new keys underneath it.
      6. Rename the two new keys as:
        • Client
        • Server
      7. Right click on the Client key and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value from the drop-down list.
      8. Rename the DWORD to DisabledByDefault.
      9. Right-click the name DisabledByDefault and select Modify... from the drop-down menu.
      10. Ensure that the Value data field is set to 0 and the Base is Hexadecimal. Click on OK.
      11. Create another DWORD for the Client key as you did in Step 7.
      12. Rename this second DWORD to Enabled.
      13. Right-click the name Enabled and select Modify... from the drop-down menu.
      14. Ensure that the Value data field is set to 1 and the Base is Hexadecimal. Click on OK.
      15. Repeat steps 7 to 14 for the Server key (by creating two DWORDs, DisabledByDefault and Enabled, and their values underneath the Server key).
      16. Reboot the server.
      Your server should now support TLS 1.2.

(Steps re-posted from: https://support.quovadisglobal.com/k...r-2008-r2.aspx)

Comment

Thank you to everyone for posting this fix. I have the HS3 Pro box which runs on Windows 7. I edited the Registry file as shown and then added the suggested line to the config file. Works great!

Comment

Just to add a (small) data point:

Win 8 box, just needed to add the new line to the config file, stop/start the plug-in, then I was all set. No Regedits needed.

Comment

No darksky data since March 4th. Still not working Error as shown above in this thread.

Just discovered that they changed the way the url needs to be formatted. Where WeatherXML has /API/.... That now needs to be replaced with the API key.
            If you do that, then the url works.

Windows 10 Pro fully updated.
            HS Pro 4 beta
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hi Joe,
              I tried to add the above bold statement to the config file and it is still giving me errors in the log and not updating, did I do something incorrect?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	weatherXML.png
Views:	679
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1368948
              Up and running thanks to the above post. Thank you!
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I can't seem to get this to work with windows 10 LTSB

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                  So I found another website that describes how to enable TLS 1.2 on in Win7 OS, made sure everything is correct, removed the space in the statement and rebooted the computer.

Everything seems to be working again! Thank you Joe for your help!!

Here is the link if anyone else is running HS on a Win7 machine: https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/kn...Windows-7.html
                  Thanks this worked ..
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                    Just noticed I had the same weather since March 4th. Running Win 7 (I know, will go to 10 with HS4), added the TLS 1.2 to the registry, added the line to config file, and boom. Back on line.
                    What a great forum!
                    Regards,
                    Chris
                    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
                    Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by jplandry View Post
                      Hi all. I found a workaround to get this working with minimal effort. In summary, the WeatherXML plugin appears to be a .NET application. You should be able to force the app to use TLS v1.2, which is now required by DarkSky, by updating the .NET config file.

At the root of the HS3 directory, you should see two files:
                      HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe - This is the application itself
                      HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe.config - This is the .NET config file

Add the following line (bold and in red) to the config file (assuming yours looks similar), then stop/restart the plugin. This should make it start working again by forcing the HSPI_WEATHERXML.exe application to use TLS v1.2.

Code:
                      <?xml version="1.0"?>
                      <configuration>
                      <startup>
                      <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
                      </startup>
                      <runtime>
                       <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions=false"/>
                      <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                      <probing privatePath="bin/weatherXML;bin"/>
                      </assemblyBinding>
                      </runtime>
                      </configuration>
                      Hope this helps!

~Joe

UPDATE: The above fix is for Windows 10 only

Windows 7
                      Thanks to The Profit (in post #44 below)
                      https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/kn...Windows-7.html

Windows 2k8 R2
                      Thanks to brantz (in post #47 below)
                      https://support.quovadisglobal.com/k...r-2008-r2.aspx
                      This works for Windows 8 as well. Many thanks!

Comment

I keep getting this error in the logs even after adding the above.

downloadFile: Dark Sky Condition from: https://api.darksky.net/forecast/API...lerts&units=us. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I'm running "Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB"

Can anyone help fix it?

Comment

The fix worked for me on Win10 too. Thanks jplandry for helping us out!!!!

Comment

Dark Sky was just purchased by Apple and they will be shutting down the Android and Wear OS apps July 1. The API will function through the end of 2021. blog.darksky.net

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                              Dark Sky was just purchased by Apple and they will be shutting down the Android and Wear OS apps July 1. The API will function through the end of 2021. blog.darksky.net
                              This is not good news. With Jeff not having time to make updates to this plugin and weather sources disappearing, we’ll need to find an alternative. Is a personal weather station the best option?

For those of you not relying on DarkSky, what are you using to get current and forecast weather into HS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                                Add this to the long list of reasons I dislike Apple.
                                My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                                X