Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two "wXMLValueSetRef: Index was outside the bounds of the array." errors at 4am daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two "wXMLValueSetRef: Index was outside the bounds of the array." errors at 4am daily

Hi,

Thanks to my new little script to email all HS errors once a day...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...he-past-24-hrs

...I discovered this error was happening twice at 4am each day. Upon investigation, my WeatherXML devices haven't updated since 1/29/2020, and I get the following error when accessing the Location settings page:

"Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Fixed

I restored Config\weatherXML\*.ini from a backup, restarted the plugin, and all seems to be working again.

I was getting "
    Index was outside the bounds of the array." on many settings pages. I then checked the size of my ini files in a backup vs the active HS3 directory. At least one of them, weatherInfo.ini, was all but blank. I'm not sure what would cause that but I hear the HS file writing API can cause that if HS crashes. I think I had some PC issues at the end of January. Blanking out ini files shouldn't be allowed to happen though. :-(
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
      Fixed

I restored Config\weatherXML\*.ini from a backup, restarted the plugin, and all seems to be working again.

I was getting "
      Index was outside the bounds of the array." on many settings pages. I then checked the size of my ini files in a backup vs the active HS3 directory. At least one of them, weatherInfo.ini, was all but blank. I'm not sure what would cause that but I hear the HS file writing API can cause that if HS crashes. I think I had some PC issues at the end of January. Blanking out ini files shouldn't be allowed to happen though. :-(
      You can use Jon00’s File Watcher to monitor the .ini files and notify you if there is a size or percentage change over a set threshold.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I am now able to catch this issue with my script, but I'll keep File Watcher in mind for other needs.

Comment

Working...
        X