downloadFile: NOAA Weather; Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloadFile: NOAA Weather; Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

I get the error "downloadFile: NOAA Weather Forecast from: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=dwml. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server" every few hours. I have the settings set to update once every hour. Any idea why i am getting these?

As a side note im, also getting this error as well "setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Interestingly i dont get the errors consistently every hour. here is the output from the logs. As a note, I replaced my actual co-ordinates with ####.
    Apr-18 11:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 10:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 9:20:03 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 8:20:44 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 7:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 6:20:27 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 5:20:05 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 4:20:20 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 6:20:21 AM weatherXML Error downloadFile: NOAA Weather Forecast from: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=dwml. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server
    Apr-18 3:20:01 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 2:20:01 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 1:20:01 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-18 12:20:00 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 11:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 10:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 9:20:22 PM weatherXML Error downloadFile: NOAA Weather Forecast from: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=dwml. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server
    Apr-17 8:20:03 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 7:20:00 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 6:20:02 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 5:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 4:20:01 PM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 5:20:01 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 4:20:01 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 3:20:07 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 2:20:17 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 1:20:02 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Apr-17 12:20:14 AM weatherXML Error setForecastDataHST Icon Image: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Comment

so i havent gotten the download file error yesterday. what i tried was disabling and then re-enabling the schedule. fingers crossed that it stays this way. still getting the other error hourly.

Comment

Hi doomngloom,

I use NOAA exclusively for weatherXML, because of the "private" companies being absorbed or turned off, like Darksky now being bought by Apple and turned off and Weatherunderground turning off their free api. I have not had a problem at all.

So I looked at my location and the url for that was: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&FcstType=dwml
        then I looked at your url in the above post and got the error you mention. My url has longitude first and latitude second. When I reversed them in my url, I got the same error. I also noticed that your url did not have actual numbers for longitude and latitude. I don't know if you did that on purpose for privacy or not.

You might try reversing the longitude and latitude in your configuration. Or go directly to NOAA - forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php? and see what your location comes up as.

I am not at my homeseer computer to see how that might be done in weatherXML

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
          Hi doomngloom,

I use NOAA exclusively for weatherXML, because of the "private" companies being absorbed or turned off, like Darksky now being bought by Apple and turned off and Weatherunderground turning off their free api. I have not had a problem at all.

So I looked at my location and the url for that was: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&FcstType=dwml
          then I looked at your url in the above post and got the error you mention. My url has longitude first and latitude second. When I reversed them in my url, I got the same error. I also noticed that your url did not have actual numbers for longitude and latitude. I don't know if you did that on purpose for privacy or not.

You might try reversing the longitude and latitude in your configuration. Or go directly to NOAA - forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php? and see what your location comes up as.

I am not at my homeseer computer to see how that might be done in weatherXML

Bruce
          Hey Bruce. Thanks for the note. It seems so far that the error stopped after disabling and re-enabling the schedule using the same url it had before. if it happens again ill try reversing it as you mentioned.

When i go to the link directly it works every time with the correct location info, and I did remove the location data for privacy.

Keeping fingers crossed it stays this way.

Comment

Be aware that NOAA itself is having some problems these days. And unfortunately, the people that usually fix things may not be able to report to work.

The Chumby guys that are using the NWS forecast mechanism similar to what HS is using are also reporting intermittent problems. As well as my Tasker code that runs on my Android phone.

Comment

Working...
            X