Change default location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change default location?

Does anyone know how to change the default location or if it's possible?
    By location I mean provider, that's how it's worded in the plugin

Go to the locations tab. Select a provider in the source dropdown. You can use the same provider for both Conditions and Forecast. Or you can select a different provider in the Forecast Source dropdown. The available data will change on the devices tab to only show what that provider has available in their api.

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Let me elaborate a bit.
      I have two "locations" right now.
      The default is NOAA (location1), the second is yr.no.
      I've recently switched all of my HSTouch screens to only use the yr.no data so I want to get rid of the NOAA provider.
      The second or third locations have a delete button.
      The default one does not.
      I want to get rid of all the devices with the provider since I'm only using all the yr.no devices now.
      If I just go to the default location and switch it to yr.no, will it use all the existing devices or will it create new devices? I'm asking since the yr.no is now the second location. Not sure how it will handle that.

Also, I'm just doing this to try and cut down on all the log error messages, but mostly to stop the memory leak in the plugin. I was up to 3 locations (providers) doing some testing and the system would become basically unusable in a very short time. So I'm hoping having only one provider would cut that down.

Comment

I missed this when you posted it. You can change location 1 to yr.no. It will not delete any devices and the ones that match up to NOAA will start having yr.no data. The only issue you will have to clean up is if there are some devices from NOAA that yr.no doesn't provide. Those devices will not update and you will have to manually delete them.

That is weird that 3 locations would cause it to become unusable. I used to have one location for every provider and had them all running. I did make sure to stagger the times that they ran. Ex. Location 1 at 5 minutes after the hour, location 2 at 9 minutes, etc.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Gotcha.
          Did you notice yr.no changed their data? Any chance you are still updating?

Comment

Between cancer treatments and trying to keep up my work schedule, I just don't have the energy to put into making any changes. Hopefully, my treatments will be done by mid october.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              Between cancer treatments and trying to keep up my work schedule, I just don't have the energy to put into making any changes. Hopefully, my treatments will be done by mid october.
              Very Sorry to hear this. I was afraid it was something very serious keeping you away. Praying for a full recovery!
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X