Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewkearns
    replied
    Darksky has been bought by Apple and my understanding is that WeatherXML is at end of life. So... one of the other weather PIs is a choice as is a personal weather station and the appropriate plugin. I chose an Ambient PWS and the AmbientWeather PI. I've been pleased, but I'm hoping for some enhancements... we'll see when the HS4 dust settles.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    That's just so weird. My WeatherXML/Darksky are working perfectly fine and I haven't touched it since it was first implemented. Not sure if there's a different subscription model, but using the free version.

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    replied
    I never did get an answer and I finally turned off WeatherXML since it is worthless as it stands. I would really like to have it working again since I had a number of scripts which depend on forecast data.

Leave a comment:

• dirgler
    replied
    I am having this same problem where "API" is not being substituted for the actual key. When I use the URL with "API" replaced with the key it returns data - when I copy the URL that has "API" in it - it gets permission denied. Anyone resolve why API is not being replaced?

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    replied
    The url request being sent is "https://api.darksky.net/forecast/API/35.1667115,-106.5314776?exclude=minutely,hourly,alerts&units=us". The API should be replaced with my DarkSky key, but starting a week or so back it no longer substitutes the key. How can I fix this? If I substitute my key for the API tag I get a valid XML string returned.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Must be local. I'm not seeing any issues.

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    started a topic Error downloading from DarkSky since 7/4

Error downloading from DarkSky since 7/4

I am again getting errors downloading from DarkSky. It last succeeded on 7/4. Running 3.0.1.19 on HS3 3.0.0.548 (Windows). Have they changed the interface again or is it a local issue. The only data I am trying to extract is forecast info for today and tomorrow, if there is a better source. Here is the error:
    weatherXML Error downloadFile: Dark Sky Condition from: https://api.darksky.net/forecast/API...lerts&units=us. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Working...
X