Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Forecast for next day

Hi All,

Does anyone know a way that I can create an event based on the forecast for rain the following day? I would like to be able to run an event the night before if there is a 20% chance of rain or more. Is this possible to do? Thanks!

Set an event to run at a specific time, then use an AND condition to check the Weather XML conditions.

There's a condition for forecasts which includes Night Precipitation %, but this never seems to have a value for me (using yr.no source).

I'm checking the "Night Condition" to see if it has "rain" in the text, not sure how accurate it is but since it's weather forecasting I'm not trying to be too precise!

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip.PNG Views:	0 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	1407178

Obviously in your case you want "Day Precipitation" or "Day Condition", and select 1 day from Today (Tomorrow).

Comment

Thanks rge. I think this is because I do not have WeatherXML setup properly as I do not have Forecast etc. in my Event Dropdown. I have Weather XML Triggers and when I choose forecast, it just says "location" and there are no options to set. I made some changes and cannot get the forecast to show any location under the Event. Any suggestions are welcome.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	weatherXML.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1407233Click image for larger version

Name:	Forecast.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1407234

Comment

Working...
      X