Weather Conditions & HSTouch Forecast Are Completely Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Conditions & HSTouch Forecast Are Completely Different

I have setup a location in Weather XML and it created a section "weather Conditions | weatherXML" and a section "HSTouch Forecast | weatherXML". The former was updated at 3 hours ago and the latter one 6 hours ago. So they should be fairly up-to-date. However, the former shows me a low of 61 and high of 70. The latter for day 0, which is today, shows me a low of 67 and a high of 99. Completely different. Why do I get such different results?

I clicked on the "Run Now" button and then looked at the log file. I see it downloads the current temperature, dewpoint, wind speed and a few other items. However, there is no low and no high value. I think the NOAA source does not provide this but the options are in the configuration page for sources that do provide it. So it seems you have to figure out yourself what source provides what information and you can't expect to get certain info just because there is a checkbox for it. The temperature it shows is probably some really old temperature before I switched to NOAA. So what I am going to do for the current condition is using the temperature and image icon from the current condition and the high and low from day 0.

Comment

Actually, I do get the high and low in a different group which apparently comes from my legacy devices. I guess the question then is why can the legacy devices access the low and high but the new ones cannot? I wanted to check out what I had as the data source then and it says the setup is on the tab labeled HSTouch\Data but I don't see such a tab.

Comment

Working...
      X