This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherXML EOL

I have mentioned to some of you that in February I was told that my cancer had come back. The treatment plan was to do 6 chemo treatments and 5 radiation treatments. Do a ct-scan to see how things are going. Then 6 more treatments. I had no energy or motivation to work on plugins and several times I was going to have the plugins removed but since I had been told by the Dr to not make any life changing decisions I put it off thinking I would be done by late September or mid October. So I put off the decision but I have found out that I won't be done any time soon. The Dr is saying that I will have to go on maintenance. When I asked how long, he said the the longest any of his patients had to be on maintenance was 5 years. Even if it is quicker at this time I feel I need to let everyone know and go ahead and put the plugins in legacy mode. I won't be making any changes.
    And won't be moving to HS4 any time soon. It's been fun and I will be back at some point in the future.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Jeff,
    I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you success in your fight.
    My prayers are with you, and though I hope you will return to help us again soon, you have a much more important task in front of you.
    Know that you have many friends here that you probably do not know. We will be rooting for you.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Jeff Take care of yourself number one....Sending all positive energy.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Taking care of one self is most important. Life can be fragile.

Wishing you all the energy you need to get through this.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Jeff,
          As Uncle Michael suggested, I'm another one of those people you do not know but really admires and appreciates what you have done for this community. I really hope that you see from messages like this that you have a lot of fans and that can give you strength and help towards a recovery.

Comment

Thanks for all that you have done for the community, and for me. I hope to see you back in the future.
            Don

Comment

Good luck on your journey. Stay safe and be well.
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Prayers are with you Jeff. Follow Dr''s orders, even when it hurts. I'm in year 3 of maintenance and it sure gets better.
                Blair
                Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
                Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
                Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

You are in our thoughs and prayers here Jeff.

- Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                  HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
                  HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Jeff,

Be strong, this is a tough road. Prayers for you from Holland.
                    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Jeff,
                      I really hate to hear this. You are in our prayers here and let us know if there's ANYTHING you need. Take care of yourself and that family and I pray for a speedy recovery. Fight the good fight.
                      -Rupp
                      sigpic

Comment

Prayers for your healing and comfort. Take care, sir.

~Bill

Comment

I am sorry to hear this news. I am wishing you and your family all the best and hope you will have a fast recovery.

Comment

Jeff, Thanks for all the effort you put into creating such a great plugin for us. If you can put the same effort and determination into your cancer battle, your success will be certain!

You have many friends out here, and we're all rootin' for your speedy recovery. Thanks for the update and please keep us in the loop on your progress.

Comment

It really puts things in perspective. Hope all the best for you and for a quick recovery. Thanks as well for all you've done for this group so far and all you'll do in the future!

Comment

Working...
                              X