Failure to update temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to update temperature

I've used Dark Sky and NOAA both over time. I'm on NOAA now because at first changing over seemed to make this better. Often, and it seems more likely to happen in the late afternoon or evening, it doesn't seem to be updating readings, most noticeably the temperature. This behavior appears to be somewhat random in nature. I think I read somewhere that NOAA only updates 1 per hour, but the these seem to be stuck for hours. I'm set currently to check every 16 mins or so. Seems like I've rescanned and pulled updates, but it's been a while since I focused on this. Anybody else see this? I didn't think NOAA had any polling limits. It's one of the more obvious things to go wrong since it's displayed on wall tablets at the front and back door.

What you can do is taking a look at the xml file that WeatherXML download and see if it matches the devices. And you can also check the timestamp on the xml file to see if a new one was even downloaded.

Comment

I have found that sometimes weatherxml stops working because the files get corrupted. copying back old versions of the config folder hspi weatherxml.ini and the config folder weatherxml folder usually gets me up and running again.

Comment

mulu...will give that a try thx!

jono....thx...does this ever self correct? Mine stops updating for several hour but for example when I get I the next morning it is updated.

Comment

Working...
        X