Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin no longer supported due to health issues.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin no longer supported due to health issues.

Hello,
    I'm sorry to say this plugin will no longer be supported due to the plugin authors health issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp I was hoping he will improve. That's really too bad. Having said that, is there some effort on HS' side to take over this plugin? Not only do I consider a weather plugin absolutely essential for home automation but it would also carry on Jeff's legacy. Not to mention all the work that has gone into this plugin. There is rnbWeater but still I would like to see WeatherXML being taking over by HS for an official plugin.

Comment

I'd like to second that!!

Its a great plugin that's pretty mature and probably doesn't require a lot of effort to just maintain it. Even if it was just maintained with no expectation of additional functionality would be great.

Comment

Agreed on all of @mulu's points. I suspect it's unlikely but it would be good to keep the lights on for those like me who haven't moved to HS4 yet. Plus, it's integration in other plug-in (PHLocation etc) makes it extra valuable.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Thank you Rupp!!!

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Another potential option would be to opensource the plugin and let the community keep it going....As a lot of excellent effort has gone into it thus far.
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
            BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
            DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Rupp I was hoping he will improve. That's really too bad. Having said that, is there some effort on HS' side to take over this plugin? Not only do I consider a weather plugin absolutely essential for home automation but it would also carry on Jeff's legacy. Not to mention all the work that has gone into this plugin. There is rnbWeater but still I would like to see WeatherXML being taking over by HS for an official plugin.
              Hear, hear! If this happens it should be named after him.

Comment

Apparently HS has no interest in taking this pretty essential plugin over. From what I see they even took down the link to the forum. I am hoping that maybe Jeff will make this plugin open source. It's pretty disappointing that HS has not interest to take over such an essential plugin...

Comment

I'm still using the WeatherXML plugin (3.0.1.19) with Homeseer 3 and it works great for me.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    I'm still using the WeatherXML plugin (3.0.1.19) with Homeseer 3 and it works great for me.
                    I just upgraded to HS4 and brought the WeatherXML plugin (3.0.1.19) over to it and it seems to be working just fine, too. There is an occasional error that is seen in the log, but current conditions and forecast are provided without issue.
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Same here Pete.
                      Billy

Comment

My weatherxml stopped working on Jan 21 2021. No changes made on my end. I'm getting the following error: "download file: NOAA weather condition from: http://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/katl.xml. Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

Any help?

My suspicion is that I need to direct it to go to the https version of the site, but I don't see how to make it do that?

Comment

Originally posted by readi343 View Post

My weatherxml stopped working on Jan 21 2021. No changes made on my end. I'm getting the following error: "download file: NOAA weather condition from: http://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/katl.xml. Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

Any help?

My suspicion is that I need to direct it to go to the https version of the site, but I don't see how to make it do that?
                          I get that error very, very occasionally, but WeatherXML is otherwise working fine for me on HS4.
                          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Quick test - change your station ID to ALL CAPS (KATL not katl) and see if that makes a difference. For me it worked and automatically switched from http to https

Comment

Would also like to see this plug-in continued, Jeff did an amazing job with this and it would be a shame to see it go. I use a lot of this plugin in many different areas of automation ranging from irrigation, security, storm prep, and even weather games with the family. This should be a default plugin included with Homeseer.

Currently running on HS4 with version 3.0.1.19 of the plugin and so far everything is still working. Without Jeff updating anymore, it's only a matter of time before it stops working. When weather underground was bought by IBM and they wanted to charge $400+ per month for the api calls, Jeff was right there to migrate to an alternate provider (DarkSky) and it's been working great ever since.

Comment

Working...
                              X