This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Data For Australian Users

Use this thread if you have questions/issues about the custom URL weather data.
    Thanks go to Megaman for providing this.

Visit this link to build the URL you need to enter in weatherXMLs Custom URL setup.
    http://right-click.com.au/misc/weath...r_selector.php
    Last edited by CFGuy; January 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Thanks Jeff,

I've not listed "ALL" the available observation location's for detailed weather forecasts, if you need a location added just let me know!

How do you check what locations are available?
    - Visit : http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/index.shtml
    - Select your State, eg "Victoria"
    - In the new sub menu select the metro forecast, eg "Melbourne Metro Forecast"
    - You'll now see the detailed forecast for Melbourne
    - On the right hand side there is an area called "Around Melbourne", these are other available options you have to choose from.
    - If its not listed in my weather selector utility please provide me with the url you need, eg http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/scoresby.shtml

Summary Forecasts
    Summary foercasts are available for many more locations, listed in the "Suburb" area in the weather selector utility. They only provide a MIN & MAX temp as well as a short forecast description.

Detailed Forecasts
    These forecasts are only available in selected locations, but offer much more detail including appropriate weather icon information, weather alerts/warnings as well as a more in depth forecast description

Comment

Thanks Megaman for hosting the script to convert information into a usable format. I am from Melbourne (Dunns Hill) and managed to get all of the weather forecasts etc working fine, but wondering if you could give me any tips on how to get the weather alerts working?

Id love to get Australian Weather alerts feed into my system and act accordingly based on these.

Thanks for your help.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

On the weatherxml setup page where you enter the info for Custom URL there is a textbox labeled "Misc Info Device Code".
        If you enter a device code it will populate the device with the alerts, if there are any, from the custom file.

The main problem I have with the alerts is that NOAA is the only one that is using the Common Alerting Protocol.
        That provides the alert data along with severity, alert type, locations, urgency, etc. It allows me to setup the triggers so you can control how severe or what alert types you want to trigger on.
        Until the other xml sources provide more than just a text string they won't work with the current weatherXML alert section.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
          Id love to get Australian Weather alerts feed into my system and act accordingly based on these.
          Thanks for your help.
          Hi Travis,

Thanks for the comments, as Jeff has mentioned below we cant use the "alerts" function of his script. If there any any alerts in the detailed forecast from the BOM they are output in my XML, these are usually wind/UV warnings etc... You can simply enable these as per Jeffs instructions.
          It will simply populate a device with the value of the warnings.

Cheers

Comment

Hey CFGuy,

Love the script any chance you can add gold coast seaway to the custom URL setup.

Thanks

Liquid Chef

Comment

Hey Liquid,

I'll take a look at this for you hopefully some time this week.
              Will let you know the outcome.

Are you able to give me the link to the forecast you're after, I cant find it on the BOM. My script only works with forecast pages that are formatted like this one : http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/scoresby.shtml

Cheers

Comment

Hi Brad.
                Digging up an old thread here.
                I just tried using WeatherXML to be able to adjust my sprinkler settings on my OpenSprinkler plugin but was missing the forecast. Any chance you could add Perth to the mix?

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                  Hi Brad.
                  Digging up an old thread here.
                  I just tried using WeatherXML to be able to adjust my sprinkler settings on my OpenSprinkler plugin but was missing the forecast. Any chance you could add Perth to the mix?

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml
                  Hi Matty, will see what I can do later next week.

Cheers

Comment

I've made some changes please let me know if its working for you now.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Brad,

Your link appears to be working correctly - thanks a bunch for that!

I'm still having problems with weatherxml not correctly putting the info into the devices but i didn't have enough time to look into it last night. Pretty sure the problem's not on your side.

Thanks.
                      Matt.

Comment

No worries.

Comment

Where exactly does the custom URL go?

My screen only shows Primary data source = 'Custom URL (Australia Only)'
                          No other input boxes.

Also the documentation link is broken and the link goes around in circles.

Comment

Go to this URL , complete the form and it will provide you with a custom weather URL. Paste it into the "Custom URL" field and it should work fine.

Cheers

Comment

... what custom url field?!

I don't have any input box.
                              My screen only shows Primary data source = 'Custom URL (Australia Only)'
                              No other input boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X