How To: weatherXML and PHLocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: weatherXML and PHLocation

If you are using the plugin, PHLocation, there is a new feature in weatherXML called Follow Me.

Go to the weatherXML Plugin Integration page. If PHLocation is installed and active, a new section will display.

Follow Me allows you to use PHLocation to track your location and to have weatherXML keep one of its locations updated with the weather information for where you are.
    Now where ever you are, you can have the weather info for that location.
    Follow Me works with any of the weatherXML Providers that use a Lat and Lon.

Setup is four dropdowns.
    The first dropdown is where you select the weatherXML location that will be used for following you.

The next dropdown is where you select the PHLocation device for Latitude.

Under that is where you select the PHLocation device for Longitude.

The last dropdown is where you select the PHLocation device for City.

After the location is setup, from then on whenever the current conditions is run, weatherXML will look up the Lat, Lon and City of where your phone last reported that you are. It will change the weatherXML location to use the Lat and Lon from PHLocation. It will also use the City name for display.

A Future release will allow you to use PHLocations New Location or New City trigger to have weatherXML update the location as soon as your phone reports in to PHLocation.

More info on PHLocation is available at: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...ght=PHLocation
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

will it support backattude ??
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Backitude is what I am using with PHLocation.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

ahhhh... the follow me threw me...

Comment

Forgot one of the PHLocation options was follow mee.

I was just using Follow Me as a way to show that the weather location will follow you from city to city.

You can either let the location update on it's normal schedule or you can setup an event that triggers off of PHLocations New Location and the action of Update Current Conditions for your Follow location.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Cool... Just got my location plug-in back working again and off to go play.

Comment

cool... followed me home !
              Attached Files

Comment

I kinda don't understand the advantages of this feature??? Why would you want weatherxml change weather location if your not home to see it? I no Iam missing something...
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

You can view the weather info for your location on your phone when you are not home.
                  I can either login using the HS web pages or view the info in HSTouch.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

If i leave home and the weather forecast changes, the spoken forcaste will change also right? If so, WAF won't be so happy.
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jeff who is the author of the pushover plugin that weatherxml supports?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        If i leave home and the weather forecast changes, the spoken forcaste will change also right? If so, WAF won't be so happy.

The way I have my setup is location 1 is the city I live in.
                        Location 2 is setup to follow my phone.
                        Location 3 is a city that we travel to every so often and I like to check the forecast as it gets close to when we will be going there.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          Jeff who is the author of the pushover plugin that weatherxml supports?
                          http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...light=Pushover
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Support for more than one "roaming" weather location?

Any chance this will be updated to support follow-me support for more than a single location. Right now I have 3 locations, Home, my_location, wife_location but I seem to only be able to set the roving weather config for 1 (either my location or my wife's) but not both. We often travel separately and it would be nice to have all three available...home (static) mylocation and wife location are roaming.

Maybe in a future update???
                            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Adding this is on my to do list.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X