Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    AWESOME !!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

Well that sucks. I announce these every morning and evening. Curses Weather Underground!
    I have manged to get the Last Year High and Low values. I have combined the devices that were part of the Daily Group with the Conditions Group.
    For the Moon Information I have also moved it to the Conditions Group and added First Quarter Next Date, Last Quarter Next Date.
    Moon Phase, New Moon, and Full Moon will still be available in the Conditions Group.

My plan is to get the Forecast Working with DarkSky and do a release.
    After that I will start on the Hourly Forecast Values.

Leave a comment:

• TallTM
    replied
    Proposal for alerts to be shown in upper and lower case.

In looking at the NOAlerts1.xml file, the data shows as:
    "WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze. * WHERE...Portions of north central, northeast and northwest Ohio.".

However, the Alert device in HS3 is all in lower case:
    "winter weather advisory remains in effect until 1 am est monday, * what, mixed precipitation. additional snow accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze. * where, portions of north central, northeast and northwest ohio."

My preference would be for the HS3 device to have upper and lower case letters for readability. Comments from anyone?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I do as well. I especially like the record high/low and the year.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    I have not found a replacement for Weather Undergrounds History data. So the values for Last Year High/Low, Record High/Low and year, and current day High/Low will be going away.
    Well that sucks. I announce these every morning and evening. Curses Weather Underground!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    This past weekend I got Dark Sky working for the current conditions portion of weatherXML. My plan is to get the forecast working this weekend. Looks like I won't hit the deadline of the 15th but hopefully will have it soon after. The hourly will have to come later. I have not found a replacement for Weather Undergrounds History data. So the values for Last Year High/Low, Record High/Low and year, and current day High/Low will be going away. Moon phase will be moving into the Conditions section so it can still be used.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hey, try the image download now. I added the line for the tls12 protocol in version .93
    Hi Jeff, confirmed to be working without error now.

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Yes. Replacement was a poor word choice. Alternative would have been better.

Hey, try the image download now. I added the line for the tls12 protocol in version .93
    Great, thanks. I installed .93 and will let you know if I still get the errors. Much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Yes. Replacement was a poor word choice. Alternative would have been better.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    I have to get a replacement finished for Weather Underground first. I am working on that now.
    Hi Jeff, will you leave Weather Underground support in place for those of us that send weather data to them, so continue to get access to their API?

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I have to get a replacement finished for Weather Underground first. I am working on that now.
    I have looked at Ambient and do want to add it for support of users with their own weather station. Not sure of a time frame for this.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Is there any way you could add the Ambient weather API as a source to your plugin? I realize this maybe stepping on another plugin, but your plugin has so much more it would be a welcome addition.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Marine data is not importable with weatherXML using NOAA. It was available via Weather Underground but that will be ending sometime in February.

Leave a comment:

• juanvaldes
    replied
    I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find marine forecast data, so I suppose this is where I should ask to see if there is a way to do this... NOAA provides swellHeight, SwellPeriod, WaveHeight, WavePeriod, surfaceTemp and other goodies, is there a way for me to access this info with weatherxml? I use HS touch for my forecasts, I believe they provide 5 Day forecast. Please advise if there is a way to do it with the custom setup.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by cfischer View Post
    I'm using Weather Undergound as my Data Source and I'm looking for a way to show "Station ID" on HSTouch screens. There are several WU locations around me and I'd like to be able to compare them. Is there a device or variable I'm overlooking, or could you please add one?

Thanks!
    Version 3.0.0.88 of weatherXML adds the Station ID for WU and for NOAA. It is available in the updater now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X