No announcement yet.

Tides Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use tides near me and scrape the relevant information using Jon00's Datascraper script. Works great!

Comment

There is a script called World Tides which works well. See:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...tides?t=158143

Comment

Thanks jono and will40. I had seen these approaches and I have been using the Datascraper for a different purpose. However, I wanted to display the information on the tides on my HSTouch homepage. Do you know how I could do this? Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
          Thanks jono and will40. I had seen these approaches and I have been using the Datascraper for a different purpose. However, I wanted to display the information on the tides on my HSTouch homepage. Do you know how I could do this? Elliott
          sorry, I'm not an HSTouch user. But I would think once you have a device with the tide info in it there are people who know how to get that to show up on HSTouch.

Comment

As noted above, "https://www.worldtides.info/" exists and they have an API.... so, somebody like CFGuy could probably add that to weatherXML..... [hint, hint, nudge, nudge...]
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
            2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

sorry, I'm not an HSTouch user. But I would think once you have a device with the tide info in it there are people who know how to get that to show up on HSTouch.
              Thanks. The issue with the data from Datascraper is that no devices are created.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                As noted above, "https://www.worldtides.info/" exists and they have an API.... so, somebody like CFGuy could probably add that to weatherXML..... [hint, hint, nudge, nudge...]
                Thanks. There is presently a Tides option in WeatherXML. However, it appears to be through Weather Underground, which is a problem presently.

Comment

Thanks. The issue with the data from Datascraper is that no devices are created.
                  You are doing something wrong then
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

You are doing something wrong then
                    Jon is absolutely correct! I do have devices for the scraped data. I was just looking in the wrong place for the devices.

Comment

Thanks. There is presently a Tides option in WeatherXML. However, it appears to be through Weather Underground, which is a problem presently.
                      Yep. I was using it until WU crashed and burned.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
                      2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Working...
                      X