Oddly parsed moon phase data in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddly parsed moon phase data in HSTouch

Is there anything that can be done about this?

See attached. A picture is worth a thousand words.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

The problem is that HSTouch strips out html. So the line breaks are not showing the data as it is in the device.

I can add the Moon Info to the HSTouch page and set it so you can select which parts of the data you want to show. But that would mean putting each individual data into a separate device. If this works for you, let me know and I will add that to my to do list. I'm working on weatherXML this month so should be able to catch up on a lot of the feature requests on my list.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      The problem is that HSTouch strips out html. So the line breaks are not showing the data as it is in the device.

I can add the Moon Info to the HSTouch page and set it so you can select which parts of the data you want to show. But that would mean putting each individual data into a separate device. If this works for you, let me know and I will add that to my to do list. I'm working on weatherXML this month so should be able to catch up on a lot of the feature requests on my list.

That would be great! No rush.

Thanks!

Comment

I added 4 moon devices that you can select from. Moon Phase, Moon Illumination, New Moon and Full Moon.

For the Moon Phase I added all of the moon icons to the device Status Graphic pairs. Once they are added, the plugin will no longer change the icons. It will just update the device value so the correct icon and phrase displays. This will allow anyone that wants to, to change to different icons and they can change the phase text as well. It will make it easier to show the text for other languages.

I have this working and will test it some more over the weekend.
        If it goes well, I will release a new version on Monday with this change and a couple of other feature requests.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

This change is in verson .41. Its in the updater now.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Just getting a chance to tinker with this now. I can't for the life of me find these devices. They aren't on the devices page in the plugin. I still have only the Moon Phase item and its still checked. I don't see anything marked HSTouch Devices. One of these days I'm going to need to sit down and really wrap my head around this plugin.

Comment

In the menu buttons it should be right next to the Devices Button. If it's not showing go to the button labeled Web and see if there is a check next to the text Values Only. That will be changing to the word HSTouch.
              Once you are on the page labeled HSTouch Devices look in the daily section for the checkboxes to select from the different moon information devices you can add.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I believe I have checked the appropriate boxes but I still have only the old single device. No new devices are showing up. Am I doing something wrong?
                Attached Files

Comment

The new ones should be at Location1 of weatherXML and location2 of HSTouch Daily. But once they are created you can change the locations and names as I track the devices with the refID.

The devices from the Devices page for location2 will start with the word weather. weather Current, weather Forecast, etc.

The devices from the HSTouch page for location2 will start with the word HSTouch. HSTouch Current, HSTouch Daily, etc.

If you still don't find them, uncheck one of the checkboxes. Do you get the message that a device was deleted? Check the box again, you should get a message that the device was created.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I am profoundly lost here. I did uncheck one, the device management page that I had open in a different tab refreshed and I got the message about a device being deleted. When I checked it again I had similar behavior.

On the device management page I have Five groups. They are: Location 1 Current Group, Location 1 Daily Group, Location 1 Forecast Group, Misc Group and Version Number. There is no HSTouch Group.

Comment

Are you able to add one of the others, like Record High?
                      When they add the location 1 will be weatherXML.

I know mine are backwards. A lot of plugins use location 2 as the first one. But I've been using location 1 as the highest priority since HS2.
                      Location 2 will be HSTouch Daily for the daily devices. After you add one of the devices check both of the location dropdowns for HSTouch Daily.

The option you can try is in the Device Type dropdown. Find the option for Type: Plug-In: weatherXML and select that. Set the other 2 dropdowns to Select All. That will give you a view of all the devices owned by the weatherXML plugin.

If all else fails look in the HS3/config/watherXML directory for an ini file called weatherDevices.ini. Search for a key called hstMoonPhase. The number after that will be the refID number of the device created.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Ahhhhhh HA! THAT kind of location! Room and Floor! I got it now. Thanks for your patience with me. Nice addition to the plugin BTW. Really gonna spruce up my HSTouch stuff.

Comment

Here is a view of my device management page.
                          Attached Files
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yes! Mine looks similar but I don't have icons there for the new and full moon dates.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              Ahhhhhh HA! THAT kind of location! Room and Floor! I got it now. Thanks for your patience with me. Nice addition to the plugin BTW. Really gonna spruce up my HSTouch stuff.
                              And knowing how much you like to use speaking and random sayings to convey info. I think you will really like the feature that I am working on now.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X