Exclude certain keywords from alert triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude certain keywords from alert triggers

I see there are keywords to trigger an alert, but is there a way to tell the system NOT to trigger an alert if we see particular keywords?

I don't live near water so I want to exclude all "Coastal Flood Watch" advisories. I cannot find any of the other categories that allow me to exclude explicitly this event.

Thank you

M

There is not a way to exclude keywords.

Typically, I recommend that you setup up multiple triggers using a couple of keywords for each trigger. That allows you to customize the spoken or emailed text to be more specific for the alerts.

If that doesn't work for you, get back with me. I can add the ability to exclude keywords to my to do list.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I did think about this but I don't know the breadth of possible events I may receive so its much safer to exclude events that I don't want rather than trying to include events that I want. If I include only what I know then I could miss a critical event that I have never seen before

Unless there is someplace I can find out a list of possible events from NOAA

Comment

I don't know anywhere that they have a list.
        I remember at one time, one of the providers had put up a list for conditions. It was a complete list of all the conditions that they would use. It was correct until it wasn't. lol So even if they did provide a list it most likely wouldn't be accurate.

I'll add the feature request to my to-do list. I do have several ahead of it so it will be a while.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

sounds good - thanks

Comment

Working...
          X