Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly Forecast Issue

Originally posted by Furious View Post
    Hi Jeff, appreciate all the work you put into this plugin.
    I have a quick question you may be able to solve - a while back, an ini or 2 got scrambled, and I've just got around to uninstalling and reinstalling the PI.
    Everything is back to normal apart from the WU hourly xml part - the old one wont parse and errors out (see below), if I delete it, it wont run the task as it's missing:
    Code:
    Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML    Weather Underground Hourly Forecasts Finished
    Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML Error    importForecastHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML Error    clearOldHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Mar-08 07:23:01         weatherXML    Getting hourly forecast information
    Either way, the hourly task isn't generating xml.
    Is there something I can do to get the hourly back working?

Moving this to its own thread
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Delete the file WUHourly1.xml from the HomeSeer HS3/Data/weatherXML directory.

Go to the schedules page and look in the Hourly Section.
    Click on the Run Now button.
    Give it a few seconds and check in the directory to see if you have a new WUHourly1.xml file.

If there is no xml file try this.
    On the schedules page make sure that the dropdown next to the Run Now button is set to Yes. Then make sure that starting time, ending time and minutes are set. Change the minutes after the hour to be just a few minutes ahead. In the Run Next column, is the entry showing the correct time of when it should run?
    After the run time check for the WUHourly1.xml file again.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok, tried that, times look good, deleted the xml file, this is what I get:
      Code:
      Mar-08 13:38:11	 	weatherXML	Weather Underground Hourly Forecasts Finished
      Mar-08 13:38:11	 	weatherXML	The C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WUHourly1.xml file is missing. Unable to continue the data import.
      Mar-08 13:38:09	 	weatherXML	Data from Lat/Long
      Mar-08 13:38:09	 	weatherXML	Start Hourly Download for location: 1
      Mar-08 13:38:09	 	weatherXML	Running Hourly for location 1
      Is there some skeleton xml file i can construct so it gets past the initial import part?

Comment

I can give you one of my xml files but if we don't figure out why you aren't getting a file downloaded it won't do you any good. You would just have the same data over and over. weatherXML downloads a new xml file once per hour to keep the data up to date.

When you deleted the WUHourly1.xml file and clicked the run now button did you end up with a new xml file? If so, open the file and see if there is an error message.

Other setup things to check.
        On the schedules page, look for the section titled Weather Underground Extra Information.

There is an option there to set Use Weather Underground For 10 Day Hourly Forecast. Make sure it is set to yes. Make sure your API key is correct. Double check your lat and lon.
        Attached Files
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yeah, after the error saying the file is not present, it finishes and doesn't create a new file.
          Found the extra info part on the locations - so, I set the 10 day forecast on, but also noticed that the language was blank....
          Used the drop down box to english, then kicked the task off, and it downloaded the file
          Looks like my config got real screwed up, thanks for the assist

Comment

I seem to have a similar problem.

I am running WeatherXML version 3.0.0.50 and get the following errors:

May-31 7:38:53 PM weatherXML Error importForecastHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
            May-31 7:38:53 PM weatherXML Error clearOldHourly: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
            I deleted the WUHourly1.xml file as stated above in this thread and still get the error.

I have attached that file if it is helpful.

Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Stop the weatherXML plugin.
              Then restart it.
              This should rebuild the hourly array.

You can test the data by going to the users pages and clicking on the Hourly Menu button.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

That fixed it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X