Can I disable the startup TTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I disable the startup TTS?

Title says it all. Every time Weather XML starts up it speaks some stuff. I'd like that to not happen. Can it be done?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Title says it all. Every time Weather XML starts up it speaks some stuff. I'd like that to not happen. Can it be done?

Go to the weatherXML Plugins page. Set the Use Random Phrase Category to none. If it is showing None, the select an actual category and change it back to None. A dropdown won't submit unless the value is changed.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

The speak at startup option has been removed in version .49. It's in the updater now.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        Go to the weatherXML Plugins page. Set the Use Random Phrase Category to none. If it is showing None, the select an actual category and change it back to None. A dropdown won't submit unless the value is changed.
        Yep. That did the trick. Thanks.

Why did you remove it from the new version? Is it totally gone or just disabled by default?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

It's totally gone.
          It had been on my list to remove the option for a while.
          With adding the new speak devices I am trying to run everything through the same code to help keep things consistent.

Over time as I had added things, I had multiple ways to speak and multiple lists of the variables that were available. No list had all of the variables so I decided it was time to get it down to one list. I started on that with the addition of the speak devices. The speak devices now have all of the possible variables (except for weather alert variables) and all of the speaking goes to one function. I have added a new device that stores the Last Spoke phrases. Even the alerts now work with the shared speak/log function. Before this you could only see the very last spoken text. Now you can choose how many to keep. Up to 25 with oldest dropping off as a new phrase is spoken.

The above is my long winded way to say it's time to clean up the code. It has gotten messy as it grew older.

I have a long, long list of things to change.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
          X