Hourly Forecast Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly Forecast Icon

Is there a way to display the weather icons for the hourly forecasts? This would be very helpful as looking at the icons is so much faster and convenient than having to read the descriptions (not to mention that on smaller screens icons take up much less space than text).

The icons are already downloaded to the local imaging folder (though a _0 is being appended before the file extension). However, the URL in the WUHourly1.xml is still pointing to the internet (rather than local). I think the changes would be reasonably easy (duplicate what is done for weatherXML_1.xml). Or is it already possible to do this?
    Attached Files

The WUHourly1.xml file is straight from WU. I don't modify it. I can add a function to output a modified xml file but it will be a while before I can get to it.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

CFGuy, it would be great having such a function to modify the xml file. That might also the useful for other situation.

Having said that, I actually got it to work. Instead of trying to get the icon in the image folder I am accessing it directly from the internet. Obviously, if the device doesn't have access to the internet then that won't work. In any case, here are my settings and result (not very artistic but for now I am just trying to get things working). The idea is to have one screen that shows the forecast for today (temperatures and icons rather than text so one knows the weather with a quick glance) and a forecast for the next few days.
      Attached Files

Comment

Actually, there is another good reason for modifying the XML entries. Please see the attachment. I would like to create something like this. That requires to have gif/png or similar files for the icons so I can define transparency. I then can replace the default graphics with my own graphics. Further, currently the graphics for the daily and hourly forecast are quite different. If I can modify the xml file then I can make those graphics consistent.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X