Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible mistake in my settings.

Hello

I am struggling to setup my weather xml plug in.
    I intend to add devices so I can create a custom weather screen in HSTouch without the RSS Feeds.

I have setup my account with WWO and it has given me a premium 60day trial API.

My LAT is 54.00
    My Long is -2.78
    UK

I have my API in the LOCATION settings with my LAT and LON.

Please can you advise?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

On the schedules page are you getting run times?
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Also check in the HomeSeer HS3/Data/weatherXML directory for a file called WWConditions1.xml.

Is there any data in the file?

I'm headed out to work but will check back when I get off.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi

My schedule is set up like yours but 30 minute intervals.

I checked the directory; the only data file I have is weatherXML.mdb
        Nothing else?
        Last edited by smokeycoles; June 3rd, 2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

If you don't have any xml files in the data directory, then the downloads are not running.

At the top of the schedules page where it says Schedules Status that there is a message "All active will run".

Set the logging level to Debug on the Settings page. Then go to the schedules page and click the Run Now button. Check the HS log for any error messages.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I got the same problom.

My log is telling me this

Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML The C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WWConditions1.xml file is missing. Unable to continue the data import.
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML The C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WWConditions1.xml file is missing. Unable to continue the data import.
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML Download Status: Failure
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML Error downloadFile: WWO Weather from: http://api.worldweatheronline.com/fr...c0151220162905. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML Downloading the WWO Weather file at http://api.worldweatheronline.com/fr...c0151220162905.
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML Download Status: Failure
            Jun-04 2:16:08 AM weatherXML Error downloadFile: WWO Weather from: http://api.worldweatheronline.com/fr...c0151220162905. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
            Jun-04 2:16:07 AM weatherXML Downloading the WWO Weather file at http://api.worldweatheronline.com/fr...c0151220162905

Comment

Jun-04 07:40:00 weatherXML Check timer items
              Jun-04 07:39:00 weatherXML Check timer items
              Jun-04 07:38:57 Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Ensuite Temperature Set to 25.8 (C)
              Jun-04 07:38:00 weatherXML Check timer items
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Check Condition Triggers
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML World Weather Online Current Conditions Finished
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Output XML
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Create Image
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Check to see if DB is being used. Save the data is set to Yes.
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML The speakID was not a valid choice: 0
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Build custom speak string
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Finished running weatherXML Speak
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML weatherWind: wind
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Get Hi/Low Temp
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML weatherTemp: current
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML weatherUpdated:
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Found items set to speak. Proceed
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Look for any items set to speak.
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Location: 1
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Build main speak string
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML The C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WWConditions1.xml file is missing. Unable to continue the data import.
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Download Status: Failure
              Jun-04 07:37:20 weatherXML Error downloadFile: WWO Weather from: ://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v2/weather.ashx?q=54.04,-2.89&format=xml&includeLocation=yes&showmap=yes&num_of_days= 5&tp=12&key=myapikeyishere. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
              Jun-04 07:37:19 weatherXML Downloading the WWO Weather file at ://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v2/weather.ashx?q=54.04,-2.89&format=xml&includeLocation=yes&showmap=yes&num_of_days= 5&tp=12&key=myapikeyishere.
              Jun-04 07:37:19 weatherXML Download and Import
              Jun-04 07:37:19 weatherXML Reset Hi Low
              Jun-04 07:37:19 weatherXML wXMLCurrent: Running current location 1
              Jun-04 07:37:01 weatherXML page: weatherXML_config, data: &id=menuTopSettings&menuTopSettings=Submit
              Jun-04 07:37:00 weatherXML Check timer items
              Jun-04 07:36:00 weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
              Jun-04 07:36:00 weatherXML Check for last ran triggers
              Jun-04 07:36:00 weatherXML Check timer items
              Jun-04 07:35:00 weatherXML Check timer items

I removed the http to prevent the forum making it a url and have hidden my api key
              It is looking like a common problem then if Tvins81 has the exact same issue.

Comment

The problem is that the free key URL no longer works for new users.
                That's why you see "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden." in the logs.

My understanding was that it was supposed to stay working for former users. I will test that this weekend to make sure.

For those with the new premium key the URL is different. I need to add a way to allow selecting which type of key you have.

In the meantime, follow this post.
                http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....75&postcount=5
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sorry, but i had only change the v1.. You need to change premium/v1 and it works.

Comment

Jeff where do you want me to add the key....?

[wwoCommon]
                    wwoRegister=http://www.worldweatheronline.com/register.aspx
                    wwoDownloadURLC1=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/premium/v1/weather.ashx?q=
                    wwoDownloadURLC2=&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=
                    [CurrentLocations]
                    city1=Default
                    [WeatherInfo1]
                    xmlSource=wwo
                    useForecast=1
                    wwoLat=54.04
                    wwoLon=-2.89
                    wwoAPIKey=3df2cac....key is here?

even with the above, switching off/on the plugin and restarting, I still get in my log:

Jun-04 23:16:09
                    weatherXML Error downloadFile: WWO Weather from: h##p://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v2/weather.ashx?q=54.04,-2.89&format=xml&includeLocation=yes&showmap=yes&num_of_days= 5&tp=12&key=********mykey*****.
                    Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
                    Last edited by smokeycoles; June 4th, 2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Follow this post.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....75&postcount=5

You have this.
                      wwoDownloadURLC1=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/premium/v1/weather.ashx?q=

Which is a left over value from the last time that WWO changed their URL.

What you need to use is this.
                      wwoDownloadURLCur1=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/premium/v1/weather.ashx?q=

Note the ending of the key name is LCur1 instead of LC1.
                      Its easy to miss.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I feel proper silly.
                        All working, apart from
                        MoonPhase
                        Day 5
                        Day 6
                        Day 7

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                          I feel proper silly.
                          All working, apart from
                          MoonPhase
                          Day 5
                          Day 6
                          Day 7
                          You won't get those with World Weather Online. MoonPhase is only provided by Weather Underground.
                          Also World Weather Online only provides a 5 day forecast, which is Day 0 (Today) to Day 4.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                          X