Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more questions

Jeff,

I'm just trying out your plugin and am impressed by many of it's features.
    I do however have a couple of questions for now.

- even though I setup the stations and can see the forecast in the user pages, it generates the following error. Is my setup the problem here?

Jun-13 11:07:18 AM weatherXML Error webForecast: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

- When I click on Maps, I don't see any. I am using the 10 day API from WU (Cumulus plan), so figure that meets the requirement. Can this be explained. I do see in the hs log
    Jun-13 3:46:00 PM weatherXML Download Maps: No maps have been setup yet. - not sure where is setup is...

...a final comment:

I have a bit of confusion with respect to the documentation. In the HS3/Docs directory I see the document but it appears to not have been updated for HS3. The online-webpage documents are a great help, but putting the two together seems a bit confusing to maximize the full potential of this great plugin.

Robert
    Last edited by langenet; June 13, 2016, 03:15 PM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Jeff,

I'm just trying out your plugin and am impressed by many of it's features.
    I do however have a couple of questions for now.

- even though I setup the stations and can see the forecast in the user pages, it generates the following error. Is my setup the problem here?

Jun-13 11:07:18 AM weatherXML Error webForecast: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    You can try stopping the plugin and restarting it. That will rebuild the array. If that doesn't fix the error then set the logging level to debug, try to duplicate the error and get the log entries to me.

- When I click on Maps, I don't see any. I am using the 10 day API from WU (Cumulus plan), so figure that meets the requirement. Can this be explained. I do see in the hs log
    Jun-13 3:46:00 PM weatherXML Download Maps: No maps have been setup yet. - not sure where is setup is...
    Maps can be collected from any site. The setup is on the Advanced, Maps menu item. You enter a title and a URL for a map. You can then check the box for download and each time the Map schedule runs it will download the map image and save it in the images/weatherXML directory. It will then display on the Maps page.

...a final comment:

I have a bit of confusion with respect to the documentation. In the HS3/Docs directory I see the document but it appears to not have been updated for HS3. The online-webpage documents are a great help, but putting the two together seems a bit confusing to maximize the full potential of this great plugin.

Robert
    You are correct. The document wasn't updated for HS3. Most of the admin pages will be similar. The webpage pdfs are new. I started working on updating all of the documentation early this year and was making good progress until I applied for and got a new position at work. I don't have as much free time now but I am hoping to be able to get back to updating the docs and adding some new features later this summer.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I've enabled HSTouch devices but when I'm in designer, I can't see them when I use status tracking. Am I missing something? I can see them on the device management page however.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

bump...

Comment

I'm not sure why you can't see the devices. I just tested with designer and I can see all of my devices.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X