• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Times non-US?

Hello Jeff and Others

I will put my questions in numbers.

Question 1.

I have noticed at 9am in the morning; that my speech is telling me this afternoon.
    Is there a setting I need to adjust to have the weather realise the time is before the afternoon (the correct time)?

My Lat/Lon is correct in both WeatherXML and HSsetup webpages.

Question 2.
    Using Weather Underground is there - anyway I can use/add the following API in the plugin:
    sunrise.hour
    sunrise.minute
    sunset.hour
    sunset.minute
    ageOfMoon
    and how would this be done? The sunrise sunset api I think would resolve issue 1 too.

Question 3 (SOLVED).

I can't seem to get eiter #nightPrecipitation# or #precipitationNight# to work.
    SOLUTION HAS BEEN Found - #nightPrecipitation0#

Question 4.

Also do you know how I would get sunset in to my text field (2nd from bottom?)
    I have also tried:
    Code:
    Sunset is due at hs.speak(hs.sunset, True, "EAGLE54-HA:DEFAULT") and tonight will be #conditionNight# with a
    I also wrapped the hs.speak(...) in square brackets.
    but it did not work

Thank you
    Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smokeycoles; August 5, 2016, 05:48 AM.

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post

My Lat/Lon is correct in both WeatherXML and HSsetup webpages.
    This is probably the issue. If the Longitude in WeatherXML and HS are the same then this is the issue.
    Let me show my age. Set the way back machine to the late 1990's. HS v1 started in the US and have users enter a positive number for both the Lat and the Lon. But the Longitude in the US is a negative number.
    Set the way back machine back to today and HS still uses Longitude opposite of the actual values.
    If your Longitude is a positive value you need to enter a negative number in the HS setup.
    For weatherXML you use the correct signed values.

Check this and let me know if that fixes your time issue.

Question 2.
    Using Weather Underground is there - anyway I can use/add the following API in the plugin:
    sunrise.hour
    sunrise.minute
    sunset.hour
    sunset.minute
    ageOfMoon
    and how would this be done? The sunrise sunset api I think would resolve issue 1 too.
    I think if you check the HS longitude that will fix the issue and you won't need the sunrise, sunset values from WU.
    As for the ageofmoon, on the HSTouch devices, select the Moon Phase device. The device value will be the number from the age of moon.

Question 3 (SOLVED).

I can't seem to get eiter #nightPrecipitation# or #precipitationNight# to work.
    SOLUTION HAS BEEN Found - #nightPrecipitation0#

Question 4.

Also do you know how I would get sunset in to my text field (2nd from bottom?)
    I have also tried:
    Code:
    Sunset is due at hs.speak(hs.sunset, True, "EAGLE54-HA:DEFAULT") and tonight will be #conditionNight# with a
    I also wrapped the hs.speak(...) in square brackets.
    but it did not work

Thank you
    Chris
    You won't be able to use script commands. By the time the text is sent to speak it won't run any commands. The reason the variables work is because weatherXML builds the text and runs it through a function that replaces the variables. Then sends it to HS for text processing. HS does the codes for device values, etc.
    So no script commands.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Sorry on Goggle Maps UK - I have a

lat 54.05 and a
      lon -2.89
      for my location
      This is the same for both WeatherXML and HS3.

Weather undergrounds says sunrise is at 5:33
      HS3 says sunrise is at 5:09

Weather undergrounds says sunrise is at 20:59
      Sunset is at 20:37

WeatherXML, The speaker reads:

Today is saturday which will be Partly Cloudy with temperatures between 16 and 19. The current temperature is 18 with a humidity of 80 percent which will feel like 18 degrees Celsius. The wind speed is 8 miles per hour from the South Southeast having gusts of 11 kilometers per hour. There is a visibility of 6 kilometers. There should be no rain this afternoon. so far there has been 0 millimeters rainfall today. Tonight will be Partly Cloudy with a precipitation of 50 percent, the night sky will be lit by a Waxing Crescent moon.

From understanding your instructions this should say:
      "There should be no rain this morning"

Sorry, I am at a bit confused, it looks like HS3 almost has it right and WeatherXML does not possibly?

Its a shame I couldn't get Sunset and Sunrise in my speaker above, but thank you for answering.

Comment

lat 54.05 and a

lon -2.89

for my location

Weather undergrounds says sunrise is at 5:33

HS3 says sunrise is at 5:09

Weather undergrounds says sunrise is at 20:59

Sunset is at 20:37

WeatherXML, The speaker reads:

Today is saturday which will be Partly Cloudy with temperatures between 16 and 19. The current temperature is 18 with a humidity of 80 percent which will feel like 18 degrees Celsius. The wind speed is 8 miles per hour from the South Southeast having gusts of 11 kilometers per hour. There is a visibility of 6 kilometers. There should be no rain this afternoon. so far there has been 0 millimeters rainfall today. Tonight will be Partly Cloudy with a precipitation of 50 percent, the night sky will be lit by a Waxing Crescent moon.

Sorry, I am at a bit confused, it looks like HS3 almost has it right and WeatherXML does not possibly?

Its a shame I couldn't get Sunset and Sunrise in my speaker above, but thank you for answering.

Chris. You still need to fix the longitude in HS3 to be the reverse of the normal value. HS has the longitude backwards, so you need the HS setup screen to display 2.89 and not -2.89. Otherwise HS thinks you are in the North Sea instead of somewhere on the Lancs coast.

I just tried changing my lat/long and time zone and after rebooting my HS machine it shows the same sunrise/sunset as your WU observations.

Note that it's only the HS longitude that needs to be reversed. The co-ords in the weatherXML plugin config should be the normal 54.05 / -2.89

Note that mine didn't start showing the correct values after updating the time zone or even the HS coordinates, I had to reboot the machine.

Back to Eastern time for me now.
        cheeryfool

Comment

lat 54.05 and a
          lon -2.89
          for my location
          Cherryfool is correct.
          Goggle Maps shows your lon as -2.89. This is your correct longitude.
          I've attached a couple of images.
          One is my longitude setup in weatherXML. (-95.25540)
          The other is my longitude setup in HS3. (95.22) No minus sign. This is wrong but it is the way HS works.

I can add some variables to use sunset and sunrise. I need to check the XML files and see what is available or use the HS values.
          But lets get your location working first. Then we can work on the speaking.
          Attached Files
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hello

Thank you both for explaining, it is a confusing business!
            I have made the adjustment and HS Sunrise and Sunset is now 05:33 and 21:00!

Now I just need to sort out why the WeatherXML plugin is saying the weather is this this afternoon and not morning (Forcast Precipitation in image 1)

Thanks
            Chris

Comment

Now I just need to sort out why the WeatherXML plugin is saying the weather is this this afternoon and not morning (Forcast Precipitation in image 1)
              You have the text backwards.

You have entered noon in the time slot. The top 3 lines are for when the time is greater than noon. (Precipitation Time GT 12:00 section)
              The bottom 3 lines are for when the time is less than noon. (Else section)

If the time is 9AM, then it would be less than noon, so it falls to the bottom 3 lines, which would speak "There should be no rain this afternoon."

If the time is 1PM, then it would be greater than noon, so it uses the top 3 lines, which would speak "There should be no rain this morning."
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sorry, thank you - it has been corrected and all working. Thank you

Comment

No problem.

Glad you are working now.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I've added sunrise and sunset to the variables available in the speak devices. It is using the HS times and is just the values for the current day.
                    This is part of the .51 release and I will post it to the updater when I get home from work tonight.

Once I get caught up on bug/feature requests I'll look through the data to see about adding sunrise/sunset as part of the forecast devices.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

This is great news Jeff!
                      I really look forward to it and will add it to my Today's Weather.
                      Thank you for your time and effort.

Please could I make a few more minor suggestions for the next version?

The ability to add a speaking pause.
                      I would really like to know how to do this, maybe being able to select 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 seconds.
                      My 6 day forecast does kind of blend in the days...

The ability to add just a single but fairly large text box to the speak devices (similar size to wind: degrees, direction, gusts & speed).
                      In my today's weather I would replace my 5 boxes with one bigger one.

In forcasts for #dayPercipitation$# and #nightPrecipitation$# - the ability to remove the time and just have 3 boxes instead of six.
                      EQ0, GT, Else
                      This is more specific for the forcast dates rather than today's date where it is useful to have this morning and afternoon....

4. Slightly increasing all text box sizes.

Please don't feel these are negative, I love this plugin and the speech is great,
                      I use it a lot, and even have set up a custom weather girl voice separate to my main HA voice !!!

Photos attached of my two favorites -
                      Today's Weather
                      &
                      6 Day Forecast

Today's Weather:
                      Today is monday which will be Partly Cloudy with temperatures between 11 and 17. The current temperature is 17 with a humidity of 71 percent which will feel like 17 degrees Celsius. The wind speed is 30 miles per hour from the West having gusts of 37 kilometers per hour. There is a visibility of 6 kilometers. There should be no rain this afternoon so far there has been 0 millimeters rainfall today. Tonight will be Partly Cloudy with a precipitation of 0 percent, the night sky will be lit by a Waxing Crescent moon.

Forecast:
                      Tomorrow will be Clear and may have 10 percent chance of showers with temperatures between 12 and 23 degrees Celsius. Tomorrows night will be Clear with a little rain overnight. wednesday will be Clear and may have 10 percent chance of showers having temperatures as high as 23 and as low as 14. wednesday night will be Clear with possible drizzle. Moving to thursday which will be Partly Cloudy and may be slightly wet with highs of 22 and a low of 13. thursday nightime is going to be Partly Cloudy with some showers. friday will be Rain and will have heavy rain with temperatures between 12 and 23 degrees. friday night will be Rain with heavy rainfall overnight.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by smokeycoles; August 15, 2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

This is great news Jeff!
                        I really look forward to it and will add it to my Today's Weather.
                        Thank you for your time and effort.

Please could I make a few more minor suggestions for the next version?

I would really like to know how to do this, maybe being able to select 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 seconds.
                        There is a SAPI 5 similar to the voice tag. I did a quick test and it caused the speaking to not work. I'll add this to my to-do list and see what I can figure out.

The ability to add just a single but fairly large text box to the speak devices (similar size to wind: degrees, direction, gusts & speed).
                        In my today's weather I would replace my 5 boxes with one bigger one.
                        When there are several elements in one box I can't do any logic. I would prefer to keep the ability to customize based on element value.
                        If you prefer one box you can use any of the variables in any of the text boxes. For example in your wind degrees, direction, gusts and speed you can also use any other variable as well. The splits are just to help keep things straight and allow the logic.

In forcasts for #dayPercipitation$# and #nightPrecipitation$# - the ability to remove the time and just have 3 boxes instead of six.
                        EQ0, GT, Else
                        This is more specific for the forcast dates rather than today's date where it is useful to have this morning and afternoon....
                        This is another one that I want to keep the logic feature but you can set the GT time to 0:00. Then you can leave the bottom 3 lines blank.

4. Slightly increasing all text box sizes.
                        I'll see what I can do but I need to try to keep the size within the 1000 px width of the HS header.

Please don't feel these are negative, I love this plugin and the speech is great,
                        I use it a lot, and even have set up a custom weather girl voice separate to my main HA voice !!!
                        I never take requests as negative. Many of the features in wXML started out as a users request.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sunrise and sunset is great, thank you.

Comment

Found this and tested to make sure it works.
                            When you need to add a pause.

PHP Code:

<silence msec="5000"/> 
                            In the above example. A value of 5000 msec will pause for 5 seconds.
                            Just add it in any of the text boxes.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff this works a treat.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X