Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check for a Bug

Hi Jeff

Please could you check for a bug in the plugin?

I have changed my custom conditions:
    • Partily cloudy > be Partially Cloudy
    • Clear > Clear and Bright
    • Thunderstorms > unfortunately will have Thunderstorms

etc....

I have generated 3 speak devices.

1. Purely uses today...
    2. Uses a custom forecast script where I have specified individual forcasts using day numbers
    3. Forecast Script (Automatic 5box one you have made with me just filling your entries minus the day/night numbers)

On all 3 - they do not seem to update to the new strings.

I have checked my HSTouch child nodes and they defiantly say the new strings....

Please would you check?

The devices do not auto update on their own.
    You have to setup an event that sets the device to Speak or Text. If you just want the text to update but not to speak then set the event action to text.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi I have updated by pressing test inside WeatherXml node, but the text is not correct..?

Chance of Rain should be "have a Chance of Rain"

Monday will 'have a chance of Rain'

Have I done something wrong?
      Attached Files

Comment

Check to see if you have edited the Custom Settings for conditions. It's on the page when you click the menu button labeled Custom.

Also check on the HSTouch device setup to see if you have set any text to be prepended to the forecast condition devices.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I checked the custom text page - and they have reset back to the originals.
          I changed these values before, but have now redone it. I restarted the plugin and they are still there - not sure why they reset.

I also checked the HSTouch - I only have 1 item which is Wind Dir which having a Prepend on it -
          the others I have left blank.

After changing the Custom values again and restarting the plugin, I have pressed Speak, Text and Test - and they still have not updated.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by smokeycoles; August 28, 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Not sure if this is the same problem

I'm a weatherXML newbie, and am testing my first Weather Speak Device.

So I configured the device just to speak teh current conditions with #conditionDay# phrase. However the speaking device just says the preamble text with <blank> for the content of #conditionDay#.

However, the Last Spoke will speak the whole text including the conditionDay content perfectly.

Here's my config:

Any ideas?
            Last edited by amr42; August 28, 2016, 11:06 AM. Reason: added picture

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
              I changed these values before, but have now redone it. I restarted the plugin and they are still there - not sure why they reset.

I also checked the HSTouch - I only have 1 item which is Wind Dir which having a Prepend on it -

After changing the Custom values again and restarting the plugin, I have pressed Speak, Text and Test - and they still have not updated.

When I mentioned the custom text it is because the HSTouch devices use the custom text but the speak items do not.
              Set the weatherXML logging level to Debug and then click Speak on one of the devices. Check the logs for any errors.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                When I mentioned the custom text it is because the HSTouch devices use the custom text but the speak items do not.
                Set the weatherXML logging level to Debug and then click Speak on one of the devices. Check the logs for any errors.
                My mistake, I checked in the code and the custom text is being checked for the speak devices for the current conditions.
                I'll check the code to see if it is replacing for the forecast values.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Confirmed it. The forecast condition values got missed when I was working on the speak devices. I'll fix it and have a release later this week.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
                    I'm a weatherXML newbie, and am testing my first Weather Speak Device.

So I configured the device just to speak teh current conditions with #conditionDay# phrase. However the speaking device just says the preamble text with <BLANK>for the content of #conditionDay#.

However, the Last Spoke will speak the whole text including the conditionDay content perfectly.

Any ideas?
                    When you view the device management page, what text does the device show?
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff

Please let me know when you update and I will check my speaker device for the forcast and see if it updates and speaks the modified names
                      for chance of rain etc.

Thank you
                      Chris

Comment

Should be this weekend.
                        I try not to release new versions during the week. That way if there is a problem I have time to work on it.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff

Please let me know when you update and I will check my speaker device for the forcast and see if it updates and speaks the modified names
                          for chance of rain etc.

Thank you
                          Chris
                          The fix for this was released on Monday.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                          X