Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Before

Jeff,

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I did a quick look and couldn't find anything.

Is there a possibility of adding a run event before and run event after to speak devices? I have a whole house audio amp and I need to turn it on and set the proper input prior to speaking weather information. After the speech is done, I need to return the input to it's original state and put the amp back in standby. I have all of the event logic done for the amp - I just need to figure a way to tie that in with WeatherXML.

One of the reasons for moving the speaking to devices was that it would allow putting the speaking into event actions.

Would this work for you?

Create a New Event and set the following.
    In the new events actions add an action of Run Event. Select the event that sets your speakers for speaking.

Then add an action of Control a Device. Select the Speak Item and have its value set to Speak.

Then add another Run Event and select the event that returns your speakers to the pre speaking settings.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      One of the reasons for moving the speaking to devices was that it would allow putting the speaking into event actions.

Would this work for you?

Create a New Event and set the following.
      In the new events actions add an action of Run Event. Select the event that sets your speakers for speaking.

Then add an action of Control a Device. Select the Speak Item and have its value set to Speak.

Then add another Run Event and select the event that returns your speakers to the pre speaking settings.
      Yes, that will certainly work. I have done that already for a couple of weather related conditional events that also need to speak. I have other Speak Devices as well, and I saw the associated "Speak, Email, Text" on the Device List page and thought that it would be convenient to be able to just tap the speak for those.

Comment

Working...
      X