New install - can't get WU xml data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New install - can't get WU xml data

Been working with HSTouch to get a mobile app working. It has progressed nicely. Now I want to create a weather screen.

• I installed the plugin.
    • On the Locations tab, I provided a WU API key (KWADARRI1)
    • On the Schedules tab, I scheduled Current Conditions and Forecasts to run. I also did a forced run on them.
    • On the HSTouch tab, I selected many fields from the Current Conditions and the Forecast Schedule.
    • Turned on debug logging

After above, I look at the weatherXML_1 file and it contains many xml fields but no values. The log files shows errors from weatherXML that are all pretty much 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

Needless to say, I think I need to get this resolved before moving into HSTouch.

Ideas? Need more info? Tell me what you need.

Thanks.
    Last edited by logbuilder; December 16, 2016, 07:36 PM.

The API key that you posted KWADARRI1, is not an actual API key.

From one of the weatherXML webpages, click on the Menu button labeled Help.
    At the top of the list there is a Question mark icon with the label "Quick Start Initial Setup for selecting Data Providers and initial download"

Open that pdf by clicking on the question mark icon. Follow the section for Weather Underground to obtain an API key.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks. You are right. I didn't understand the key well enough. I registered with WWO and got a proper key. It didn't work, I was getting that forbidden. Then I found your post about editing the weatherinfo.ini file for the premium trial accounts. I think that might have gotten me connected. Now, as I look at the log file, I see only one error which is Homeseer\Data\weatherXML\NOAlerts1.xml file is missing. Unable to continue the data import. I checked the folder and the file is not there. The weatherXML_1 file has all the tags but no values between.

I sure appreciate you responding. I excited to get started with this.

Comment

OK, after a nights sleep. I decided to reset my thinking on this.

I read the help documentation and it suggested using a station that did not require registration, get it working and then add others if you want.

Good advice!

I changed to NOAA and now I am getting data in the XML file. I created a little test screen in HSTouch and am able to see some of the elements in my phone app.

Now I just need to play with the data a bit more.

Thanks for your help and getting me pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
        X